WV: General Discussion
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WV: General Discussion within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I just love the drive going home, the mountains are so fun to drive in. And when I am home, ...

WV: General Discussion

I just love the drive going home, the mountains are so fun to drive in. And when I am home, the backroads are so adrenaline pumping!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Zem
    Your interstate has switchbacks.

Granted, I took them at 90 in the snow at night driving home last Christmas (Colorado to Richmond), but... switchbacks.... seriously... wow....
    Let justice be done though the heavens should fall.
    -John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 02bug'n
    I just love the drive going home, the mountains are so fun to drive in. And when I am home, the backroads are so adrenaline pumping!
    Hey 02bug'n where are you from? I live in Huntington and I DEFINITELY miss some of the backroads around there. Currently i'm in Iraq but i'll be home in two months. I CAN'T WAIT
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX
    Cobb Stage 2, Hyper Black Rota Torque's, Prodrive springs.

Quote Originally Posted by GoOtArPhReEk
    Hey 02bug'n where are you from? I live in Huntington and I DEFINITELY miss some of the backroads around there. Currently i'm in Iraq but i'll be home in two months. I CAN'T WAIT
    From Buckhannon, like 2 and half hours from you. I was actually at Marshall partying last weekend.

I just drove from charleston sc to huntington last weekend. It was my first road trip in my wrx. On the way back at the tamerack in beckley I saw a blue wrx and we stayed togethor though va. Pretty cool to see two blue wrx's one after another going down the highway.

Yea WV is a great place to drive through. I live in ohio but its the southern most tip and I dont do anything really in ohio. I work in WV and I know there are alot of places to go driving around. I just cant wait till after I graduate to go indebt buying my WRX going to be crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by GoOtArPhReEk
    Hurry back and be safe The wrx's around here are few and far between, we need you!

I can vouch for the fun roads in WV...esp in the mountains. But the last time I was out there was last year to goto Snow Shoe.

I work/live in Charleston, but drive all over the state. There are a few of us(WRX's) that go to local SCCA auto-x and have a blast. Snowshoe Mtn is def a great place to play in the snow, and they sponsor a hillclimb that lots of cars go for. Most roads around are very fun to play on, and not too many people anywhere in the whole state! If anyone wants to meet up for a drive, lets go! I only see a few people here and there, and I am the only clubWRX sticker that I know of.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

this past weekend i went to snowshoe, and i took 219 South off of old rt 33, and all i can say is, wow. i had so much fun driving through the back roads. if anyone has been that way, have fun, it was a blast.
    what?

I drove to Cincinnati, OH this weekend, and was on RT 35 and 52. Those are really good roads to drive as well. Lots of straights, and nice turns as well. Rural areas to play on. Very nice. Snowshoe has had 6-7 feet of snow the past month, I imagine you had a great time!!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

WV is cool. I drove through last year from Corbin, Kentucky along US-119 through Williamson, WV, and Logan, WV, into Charleston. We ate at Joe Fazio's on Bullitt Street (sort of an industrial area of the city). The atmosphere was pretty nice and the steak was delicious!

I really like the Capitol and the statue of Lincoln out front.

Oh, and the roads were fun too, althoug we were in my Mazda at the time
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

Another great road that is not too far off of the interstate is Hawks Nest state Park. It is a very curvy 2 lane, lots of room, great pavement, phenom views. Big favorite among sport bikes and harley guys. It dumps out by Summersville lake and a drive over the New River Gorge bridge is right there. Great trip if anyone is interested!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by Brents
    I drove to Cincinnati, OH this weekend, and was on RT 35 and 52. Those are really good roads to drive as well. Lots of straights, and nice turns as well. Rural areas to play on. Very nice. Snowshoe has had 6-7 feet of snow the past month, I imagine you had a great time!!
    Take I-64 to KY and pick up the AAA. That's a fun road, but watch the speed traps. Something about passing trucks at 80 on twistys, that gets me going.
    W#0rEing posts since 2003

That is a good road to play on. I have not noticed too many police, are they bad through there? I do go that way some. Thanks.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.