WV: General Discussion - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on WV: General Discussion within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I've heard lots of stories about people getting tickets for 58 in a 55. I've seen a few troopers out ...

I've heard lots of stories about people getting tickets for 58 in a 55. I've seen a few troopers out there, not never as many as people have told me about. There are so many great hiding places for them that if they need to give a few it's easy.
    W#0rEing posts since 2003

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Brents
    I work/live in Charleston, but drive all over the state. There are a few of us(WRX's) that go to local SCCA auto-x and have a blast. Snowshoe Mtn is def a great place to play in the snow, and they sponsor a hillclimb that lots of cars go for. Most roads around are very fun to play on, and not too many people anywhere in the whole state! If anyone wants to meet up for a drive, lets go! I only see a few people here and there, and I am the only clubWRX sticker that I know of.

hopefully i'll be getting the STI soon and i'd absolutely be up for some drives this spring. i live up in parkersburg

Hey Shocker. An STI, alright! My parents are in Ripley, so I used to go to P-burg all the time to the mall. Do you remember when there was a sketepark out back, or am I just showing my age? That was back when I was in HS. I am probably moving back to ripley this summer, we should meet up. A couple friends of mine opened a coffee shop downtown Parkersburg, I need to stop and see it anyway.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

actually i'm from Niagara Falls, NY originally, and i've only been in the 'burg for about 2 - 3 years so no, i don't remember that. but yeah, hopefully i'll get that beast, and i'd be up for cruising. i've got a good friend with an Evo VIII who loves to cruise. the deciding factor on the STI will be how much insurance is going to run. i'm kinda scared. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Brents
    Another great road that is not too far off of the interstate is Hawks Nest state Park. It is a very curvy 2 lane, lots of room, great pavement, phenom views. Big favorite among sport bikes and harley guys. It dumps out by Summersville lake and a drive over the New River Gorge bridge is right there. Great trip if anyone is interested!
    That's US Rt 60 you're talking about.And Rt 19. I live in Beaver, right outside of Beckley.
    I have an 06 STi. All the roads down here in the southern part of the state are FUN to drive on. I go a different direction almost every day. This car is such a blast to drive that it's going to be hard to hold down the mileage ! If any of you come down this way, give me a yell. Later, Okey

I'm going to bring this thread back from the dead with a recommendation for forest road 92. It's got a lot of ruts and potholes in it (or it did last time I drove it) but if they ever fill those in this thing will be magic, IMO.

It is located here: Driving directions to Forest Road 92 - Google Maps

It doesn't really go from anywhere, to anywhere, unless you want to fish Shaver's Fork. But it's a wonderful rally-style road, and if you don't mind really putting your WRX to the test (some ruts and potholes, and mostly gravel) then it's an awesome place. If you've lowered your car or you're really afraid of rock chips, then it's probably a bad idea

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12