VA: Smithfield
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on VA: Smithfield within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Smithfield is a open country area away from the Hampton Roads area, some crazy turns and hills... best part there ...

VA: Smithfield

Smithfield is a open country area away from the Hampton Roads area, some crazy turns and hills... best part there are probably two cops in the area. Take the james river bridge from hampton/newport news area, it takes you straight to smithfield, and the bridge itself is a good place to do some high speed runs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yea i live right in newport news, goto smithfield from time to time to drive over there.. really good area.. and noo cops.. good tight turns, and some squirley roads

I'm definitely going to have to check that out sometime as soon as Spring hits and it gets good and "kinda warm" again....thanks for the tip.

DC.
    '05 Aspen White WRX Wagon

Va

hey you guys live near smithfield and Newport News? i Live in Virginia Beach (Cop HELL!!!!!) anyways just wanted to say hi, always cool to know subbie owners who live near by.

aOh
    damn, i wish i wasnt in my area of VA i want windy roads with no po po's. Im all up for a road trip to anyone else in the Springfield, VA area

If any of you are familiar with the Albemarle county area there are TONS of back country twisty roads. Minimal traffic (depends on day/time), hardly any police: Lots of fun... until you get stuck behond a herd of bicyclists riding 3 wide doing 10 mph or Mrs. Daisy...

Also Pungo is VERY fun to drive through, lol lots of straight aways, bends,twist, u name it. I like flying over the pungo ferry bridge at 120+ hehe is very fun. Also (lol just wanted to share this experience) I was driving home from norfolk yesterday with two of my friends in the car. I get to 264 and as soon as I merge into traffic a little oll 350z i right next to me, the guy looks at me and ask if i want to run.........thinkin to my self hmmmm 3 people in my car 1 in his little arse 2 seeter. Anyway i say what the hell and we start goin........dude got burned so bad i couldnt believe it. he catches up to me and is like what the hell is in your car???? so i told him and he laughs and says no fair but i just smile and get off at lynnhaven.

so what roads in smithfield are fun? i have an 04 wrx and a classic mini. All my money goes to the mini though so the subaru is stock. what I can do 40 in the wrx I can do 60 in the mini.

Theres lots of roads west of manassas near the plains. actually exit 27 off 66. best time is around 11am after everybody gone to work. get off exit 27 and go left and follow that road up the hill and once you pass the church on the left the fun starts. eventually you will go up a little hill past a cemetery and when you dead end make a right and it will make a loop back to where you started. lots of fun. If your quick enough you can get through it in ten minutes. lots of twists. Or you can always go from the plains to middleburg.

So back to smithfield. what are some good roads?

I just moved to Chesapeake this month so where else besides this?
    Ya got 2 butt cheeks so theres no need to half ass anything.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.