OR: Hwy 47

This is a discussion on OR: Hwy 47 within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; From portland, take 26w, take the (6) Banks exit (right after north plains) to 47.. go right towards hillsboro a ...

OR: Hwy 47

From portland, take 26w, take the (6) Banks exit (right after north plains) to 47..

go right towards hillsboro a few miles and then take any road towards the winerys.

8-10 miles of sharp turns with swoops thrown in. explore the area and get addicted!
    there are GOOD dirt roads to get sideways on (can hit many going 50+)

You can really get lost for a little while and really have fun, no two drives have to be the same if you dont want em.

tips: have a caller ahead on some of the dirts just in case
    I havent seen a single PO in the 4 months playing back there.

HF+stay safe

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds fun, Im looking for a placeclose to porltand to practice sliding and get a feel for the wrx's drifiting characteristics, maybe I'll see you out there.

EVEN FURTHER OUT, BY THE VERNONIA / TIMBER EXIT, THERE ARE A LOT OF OLD LOGGING ROADS ALSO THAT ARE FUN TO PLAY ON.
    wATCH THE eXPOSURE.......... OR

acd/DML

hey guys live out in forest grove which is like right in the middle of hwy 47 and if you think the winery roads are fun you gotta try some of the roads around chery grove or out towards farmington or hwy 6 leading to the coast there are tonz of great dirt roads that are acessable from hwy 6 so just look around on all the lil back roads near forest grove and youll find hours of driving excitement. hope to see ya out there
    " Burton is like sex in the snow, only board shaped and not as cold" - Lizz ----

i just love the drive from portland to tillamook, theres usually not much traffic, even on weekends and those rolling curves through the woods are a blast
    oops

are ya talkign about hwy 26 or hwy 8?
    lifes a garden
    dig it

Quote Originally Posted by wRxEr_4_LiFE
    are ya talkign about hwy 26 or hwy 8?

nope i take 26 till i hit the fork and take 6 the whole way i love that road.
    do the google maps hybrid and you can see it in all its glory
    oops

ya i used ot live in forest grove and if you take the main drag all the way threw town you would be on hwy 6. i love it even more before the fork because on one side its a hill/forest and on the other side of the street its a flat farmland its a really cool spot to drive threw but the road is really dangerus because its also a main logers road so the trucks are like crazy fast
    lifes a garden
    dig it

cool stuff, i just checked the map to see where you meant and saw where 8 hits 6.
    never been to forest grove anything worth while?, i always made the stop for gas and food up by banks
    i think theres a subway there, good times. ill be there next june, im doing a whole road trip the last leg of which i will be leaving from grants pass and doing the whole oregon coast highway. and then back down 6 to town im very excited. i rented a new mustang convertable.. it was either that or the outback. lol
    oops

ya th ere are some cool farmorads kinda near forestgrove in the area of farmington sweet backroads huge hills good air fun times. another coolplace to go out it up some of the gravel roads in gales creek and rally out their. let me know if you need like street names and directions
    lifes a garden
    dig it

Hwy 34!!!

Do do do check out hwy 34 from Waldport to Philomath. They just repaved a huge portion of it. Most people take hwy 20 which leaves 34 pretty open most of the time. It's about 45 minutes. Turn off your radio and listen to your engine the whole way. It's dreamy.
    over and out

Sweet, I may have to check out the winery roads when I go down to Hillsboro next month to check out the rally.

I did do the Tillamook to Portland drive, and that was fun... last Labor Day, did a drive down the PCH from WA, and took that route to meet up with some friends in Portland... awesome trip all the way around!!!

i might take a look at this,. is it near where teh Oregon Trail rally is? thats the only time i'll be in the area..
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...