WA: Rt 410-Carbonato-Curves!

This is a discussion on WA: Rt 410-Carbonato-Curves! within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Today, we had a great time going through miles of curves. If you take 410 from Buckley/Enumclaw or from Sumner, ...

WA: Rt 410-Carbonato-Curves!

Today, we had a great time going through miles of curves. If you take 410 from Buckley/Enumclaw or from Sumner, take 165 south to Carbonato (follow the Carbonato signs).

It finally ends after a few miles of curves at the ranger station. Please go all the way to the end. Lot's of hiking. The views of Mt. Rainier are fantastic! This is a must drive.

Also, if you are hungry go to Wally's Drive-In on 410 in Buckely. It's an old time burger joint. If you take this trip, let us know what you thought.

History...My 91 year old Grandmother lived in Burnet near Carbonato as a young child and attended the large school in that old town that still is in use and updated. My great Grandfather worked in the coal mines there. That is where my family's history started in the state of Washington.

Have a fun drive!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I took your drive today with my neighbor who wanted to drive his Boxter S behind my STI. It was a wonderful drive. I saw two deer and two ground squirrels on the road past Carbonato. On the way back, we stopped at Wally's for a burger (great burger by the way) and at Black Diamond where they were having a labor day festival with a big car show - what a day! I reccomend this drive for the scenery and the interesting road.
    Thanks for the suggestion
    Jim
    Jim Sanchez - Tucson, AZ

Glad to hear it was fun, Jim!

Today we went up 410 to Sunrise near Mt. Rainier. 10 miles of twisties!!! The best ride I've had so far in the WRX.

Scott

I'll try that one next time.
    Jim Sanchez - Tucson, AZ

Just so you know, it closes at the first snow.

Hummm driving in the snow on STI tires - how exciting can life get?
    Jim
    Jim Sanchez - Tucson, AZ