NJ: fun drives? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on NJ: fun drives? within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by gingertooth if your going to be in northern NJ you might as while hit Harriman State Park. ...

Quote Originally Posted by gingertooth View Post
    if your going to be in northern NJ you might as while hit Harriman State Park. it's right on the border. Best place by far in the local area. I live in ringwood, 10 minutes from it. I ride my roadbike all over that place. PM me if anybody wants to hook up for a ride through there. Just don't expect to be driving like an idiot. It's very windy and very scenic. It's the best by far.
    SOudns like fun..we shud def meet up sometime..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    gotta watch 347, especially 47 and 49, staties are all over those roads. only in the summer though when people are headed to the shore... the cops know when people see those wooded roads to the shore they open the throttle, people are always pulled over around there. you'd never it expect it though, it is the middle of nowhere.
    I'll completely agree with you on that one.I don't even screw around on the backroads to the beach...but out in Pemberton there are a lot of good roads as well...around Ft. Dix and and McGuire AFB.

I definitely know roads off of rt 23 up by West Milford. I used to go to school at Willy P, so it was in the area. I haven't been able to take my car up there yet since I've had it. But...this weekend, I'm heading to Sparta for New Years...its on!!!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Banned
    Cops love me and my yellow baby. I get pulled over for doing the speed limit...

I hate NJ...

The best ride for me is where there are no cops. I live right near Route 3, Route 80, 46, 17, 21 (fun road, drive it going to Newark for school every day), 287, turnpike, parkway... basically every major road in NJ. Cops eeeevvveeerryyywheeere. I'm very careful in my rex and don't speed too much but when ya got 315 ponies crying to run loose ya gotta let 'em out sometimes.

Where are there super back country roads in townships that can't afford police?

harriman state park, NY....... and sterling forest... warwick, NY....vernon, NJ, i drive it all the time, and never have problems. The best twisty roads anywhere, by far!!

i live near LBI and if I head west for 15 minutes im in the middle of pine barrens. lots of smoooth, wide, sand roads, you can rally all dayy down here....cant wait to get the wagon out there.

Quote Originally Posted by shep21 View Post
    i live near LBI and if I head west for 15 minutes im in the middle of pine barrens. lots of smoooth, wide, sand roads, you can rally all dayy down here....cant wait to get the wagon out there.
    Was this a Happy New Years bump?

This was last posted in almost a year ago...and one of the discussions were how those roads just west of LBI in the pine barrens are the ones where Staties love to chill, especially in the summer! Good roads though if you do know how to be invisible to cops...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

ha....wow, I should have checked the dates...

but I was referring to the dirt roads. sure 72, 539, etc are loaded with cops, but I have lived here all my life and have spent alot of time exploring the woods, I have maybe seen 2 game wardens and 1 trooper out there. and none of them gave a **** about me....if you dont go out there during hunting season, trust me, you won't have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by njazwrx View Post
    In Chester/Long Valley in morris county. Black River Rd. Winds along the black river with many turns and twists. Just be alert due to the fact that it is a State Park area and there could possibly be pedestrians. Another good one is Schooleys Mtn Road towards hackettstown leaving the Long Valley area. It is a fluctuating uphill twisty/downhill twisty assortment of turns. I would suggest driving this straight at least once before you amp up your speed as to get used to the road and the points where the speed traps are. If i can think of anymore I will post them up.
    i live neer long valley and iv been on both of those roads they are awesome sometimes cops sit on schooleys mtn road tho so be carful
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #898Military Milita #898

AP stage 2 93 oct. maddad DP. SPT short ram intake,SPT intake heat shield,HKS carbon fiber catback,boost,MAF,volt gauges,STI springs, pioneer flip screen headunit, polk audio speakers, vortex generator,STI wing,rally armor UR flaps

hunterdon county - lots of good back roads pretty much everywhere.
    '07 wrx wagon:
    Cobb catback, cobb short ram with intake box, turbosmart small recirc valve, yellow tinted fogs.

little bit older and a little bit more jaded.

Noodles Aren't My Concern twistedphrame's Avatar
    I split my time btwn Atlantic and Warren County NJ
    I Support ClubWRX
    Old mine road/water gap recreation area into Walpack is really scenic and has some nice bends too if if you go far enough.
    I-80 W to Wallpack Center, NJ - Google Maps

it's not that long but you can spend a few hours driving around out there real easy.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedphrame View Post
    Old mine road/water gap recreation area into Walpack is really scenic and has some nice bends too if if you go far enough.
    I-80 W to Wallpack Center, NJ - Google Maps

it's not that long but you can spend a few hours driving around out there real easy.
    what a bump lol
    if your not far from NY, take 9W all the way to upstate NY. its so much fun because it turns into a touge running along side the hudson river.........300ft up
    2003 ABP DC5
    1983 Z28 Camaro
    D1GP/Formula Drift/JDM Allstars/Just Drift

Noodles Aren't My Concern twistedphrame's Avatar
    I split my time btwn Atlantic and Warren County NJ
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinidrift3 View Post
    what a bump lol
    if your not far from NY, take 9W all the way to upstate NY. its so much fun because it turns into a touge running along side the hudson river.........300ft up
    Is that the Eagles Nest or am I thinking of East Branch of the delaware? I apparently need to learn how to read time stamps....

Sussex county

You will find some of the best roads in sussex county. hicks ave in newton is a very fun road with lots of good turns and there are never any cops

also sunrise mountain its one lane all the way up to the top and its a hell of a lot of fun

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RS22b View Post
    there are plently of great roads in NJ, just prob not near you.

Sussex County is one where almost every road you take is worth taking. Especially the further from civilization you get. I can name a ton of roads up here that are worth taking.

You just have to come up here and drive yourself lost. Thats the easiest and best way to find the good ones.

Billy
    Agreed, Billy. Kinnelon Road and Glen road are 2 really good ones around up in Sussex. Once I get my WRX this summer I shall be exploring and posting many more roads to anyone interested in awesome North NJ roads. What are some other good ones up here?
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.