NJ: fun drives? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on NJ: fun drives? within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by sht any good roads i should know about cause nj is no fun. There are plenty of ...

Quote Originally Posted by sht
    any good roads i should know about cause nj is no fun.

There are plenty of roads on which to leave NJ. I recommend you take the fastest one.
    "..are wont to seize upon people about the beginning of Autumn; and sometimes also sooner, according to the temper of the foregoing Summer, whether they had been hotter, or cooler: & they some years rage so violently, as that they last the greatest part of the said seasons, miserably afflicting people all that while, and destroying many of them - Exterminated by the Bloody Flux
    Dysentery in Eighteenth-Century Naval and Military Medical Accounts
    "

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

http://www.scca-nnjr.org/NNJR_Rally/Rally.shtml

The roads these rallies take place on are some of the best in NJ. I know for a fact since we were driving them at a "brisk" pace making up time on Sunday's "Mini Monte" Rally. We came in 2nd place in Stock class.

-Chris
    Moderator: Retired
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    2001 Mazda Miata 5MT - AutoX #99 (NNJ Region SCCA 2005 CStock Champion)
    1988 BMW 325 (2.7L "i" conversion) Sedan 5MT - Daily Driver (AutoX soon!)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Quote Originally Posted by njazwrx
    In Chester/Long Valley in morris county. Black River Rd. Winds along the black river with many turns and twists. Just be alert due to the fact that it is a State Park area and there could possibly be pedestrians. Another good one is Schooleys Mtn Road towards hackettstown leaving the Long Valley area. It is a fluctuating uphill twisty/downhill twisty assortment of turns. I would suggest driving this straight at least once before you amp up your speed as to get used to the road and the points where the speed traps are. If i can think of anymore I will post them up.
    Those are exactly the roads we were driving on during Sunday's rally. I caught some air going down one road with two bridges, one right after the other.

-Chris
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX Sedan 5MT - Road Rally - Best 1/4mi: 13.954 @ 97.36mph (3448 lbs)
    "If you can't drive this car fast you can't drive fast." --British Magazine, CAR, on the WRX

Quote Originally Posted by fengshui
    Those are exactly the roads we were driving on during Sunday's rally. I caught some air going down one road with two bridges, one right after the other.

-Chris

suspension mods?

One really beat up plastic stock skidplate!

Anything that breaks when rallying will be replaced with performance parts. I have STi springs sitting around waiting for some struts. I do have a whiteline rear sway bar as well.

-Chris
    Last edited by fengshui; 08-29-2005 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fengshui

-Chris
    Yea. My friend raced his twin-charged mini-cooper in that race. You prob saw it. I think he raced in the novice class and came in first. I dont think there is any way you would have missed that car. To refresh your memory it is light blue with volk rims, and a CF hood. You remember that? Those are some of the BEST roads to just cruise on. I saw the map of the course you guys took and it was sick. I think the bridge you caught air on was on Black River rd. Did it run parallel to the river and when you get to the bridge was it a single lane bridge?

exit 58 off of I- 287 by far one of the best roads ive seen in nj

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by snipe99
    exit 58 off of I- 287 by far one of the best roads ive seen in nj
    I was up there on my bike today. Nice driving, but keep the speeds down. Oakland/Mahwah cops will ticket you.

ive only been up there twice and both times it was int he wee hours of the morning but theres always the threat of tickets anywhere u go...

Millstone Road off of Route 33 in Monmouth county is where I always ride my motorcycle. Nice twisty roads.
    2006 WRX TR

i live in manalapan im about 1 min from milstone amazing place ot drive milestone has no police department they are patrolled by troopers but i nvr seem to see any around..

down off exit 74 of the pw where i live, if you go west to redneck county i have gone out in the dirtroads there which is extremelyy funn

one word...clinton road : D...lots of fun..u will see tons of sprts cars their during the day

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubya R Ex View Post
    one word...clinton road : D...lots of fun..u will see tons of sprts cars their during the day
    I got pulled over more times on Clinton Road when I was young than I can remember.

really? i recently went there and didnt see one....and i was flying through there too

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast