WA: Tacoma
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on WA: Tacoma within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I found a sweet little run in the Tacoma, WA. It's a nice little twisty hill by the name of ...

WA: Tacoma

I found a sweet little run in the Tacoma, WA. It's a nice little twisty hill by the name of McMurray. It's real short though. a mile at the most. real fun though.

from I-5 in Tacoma go north or south to 705 west(towards downtown Tacoma). Take 21st and head North towards the Tide Flats area (where all the pulp mills are and what not). just take that road until McMurry and make a right towards the golf course. I've only been on it twice and it was fun both times.

The only thing is, at the bottom of the hill is a police shooting range. I haven't seen a cop there yet, though. I just creep by and soon as i get around the corner i lay it on. Like i said though, its real short.
    Street-2000 BRP Impreza 2.5RS Sedan
    Snow-04 Nitro Voltage 158/06 Burton Custom Bindings/04 Vans Fargo Boots
    Photo-Canon 20d and some lenses
    Tech-Apple iBook G4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Straightway

Theres a road called east gate rd on the backside of Ft. Lewis where its straight for about 2 miles and theres little traffic. Its paved and good for seeing how fast you can get your car up. I got up to about 130 mph but i still had some road left so i probably could have pushed it farther.

yeah i want to try the ft lewis road out. i live in bremerton area. ive heard of that long strip before though

For even more roads go up east gate road as if you are going into Ft. Lewis. Immediately before the gate is a road on the left. If you are coming out east gate it is the first road on the right. Head out and bring a map or you will get lost. Lots of turns as well as trails large enough to drive through. Just remember that soldiers train out there so keep their safety in mind! Other than that it is a lot of fun.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.