PA: Route 202
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on PA: Route 202 within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; early sat mornings good for top speed runs you will have the road to yourself from Exton to King of ...

Thumbs up PA: Route 202

early sat mornings good for top speed runs you will have the road to yourself from Exton to King of Prussia see what you can do

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I know exaclty what you mean... I used to live in Phoenixville (right outside of valley forge) There are some great roads out in valley forge but watch out for the dear!

There are a lot of speed traps along 202 -be careful. I used to live in West Chester, and I drove to King of Prussia everyday. They usually hide behind large bushes in the center divider with their radar and donuts.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

Fellows, I too live on the edge of valley forge park. On the road that runs down from the arch. 202 road surface isnt that good imo and lots of cops. there are afew better places. Someone should organize a rex day at the park. Iv seen rx8's organized as well as new vetts in the park. Just a carsual meeting on rex owners, pictures, coffee, talk, girls
    Tony, we might consider a stang day also
    I have an '01 stage 3 roush premium that is modified. about the same #'s as yourz. Its a beast to drive b/c of suspension, I prefer my rex as daily driver and have an '04 e.b. expedition that isnt to shaby

Let me know if this sounds good to anyone?
    rpf

Quote Originally Posted by rpfride
    Tony, we might consider a stang day also
    I have an '01 stage 3 roush premium that is modified. about the same #'s as yourz. Its a beast to drive b/c of suspension, I prefer my rex as daily driver and have an '04 e.b. expedition that isnt to shaby
    rpf
    I'm not in the area anymore -I live in MD now, near Baltimore. You should bring your Roush to Cecil County some time and see what she runs. I usually go on Sat morning test/tunes. Maybe I'll see you there sometime.
    -09 Impreza 2.5GT 13.72/ 99.4/1.926
    -99 Mustang 10.64/136.41.57
    -08 R32 (bone stock)

The roush is more of a track car, the glen....., i went to maple grove last year with someones slicks ran 11.74. Ive done alittle more to her but im done. I never get a chance to drive it! My wife will not ride in it (with me ), im not alowed to have my 2 younger kids in it ( ), gas prices going up, keep going to dds because it is so stiff i chip my teeth ( ), changed jobs and she doesnt make it up the ramps in the parking garage so i rarely drive her to work (9k miles).............
    Either keep her for fun driving car or sell and make the rex into a monster?
    Nice carz U have.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by TonyG
    There are a lot of speed traps along 202 -be careful. I used to live in West Chester, and I drove to King of Prussia everyday. They usually hide behind large bushes in the center divider with their radar and donuts.
    +1
    Rt252 too.

There is nowhere to run around here. Although the stretch of road (rt3) between edgmont (spel?) and west chester is sometimes safe. Isn't there a dirt road somewhere in there?

200whp 208wtq @ 11psi (old)

yes, someone find a good long hardpacked dirt road around here. That would be nice .

Gravel/dirt road found between Rt252 and West Chester Univ. if anyone cares. Road is pretty straight, but I didn't follow it in far enough. Transitions from asphalt to gravel/dirt early. Some dips and twists but nothing major like in the mountains or west coast...

200whp 208wtq @ 11psi (old)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokescreen
    Gravel/dirt road found between Rt252 and West Chester Univ. if anyone cares. Road is pretty straight, but I didn't follow it in far enough. Transitions from asphalt to gravel/dirt early. Some dips and twists but nothing major like in the mountains or west coast...

where the heck is this? I've never even heard of it before and I've lived in WC almost all my live.

rt202 from matlack street to about fraser is a pretty nice surface. I've seen cops sit up in the bushes at that traffic light pretty late at night by fedex(I thought one was coming after me last week, but apparently not) I always like lining up on point at that light because there are no good spots for cops till you get up to the gay st exit. after that, there are bushes and things in the median and in years past(although not recently) i've seen numerous cops sitting up on the ramps for boot road. at this point i naturally slow down there...its like a reflex. Once you pass rt 30 the surface on 202 chages to sh1t. but rt 30 is nice to Dtown just before KOP, 202 turns into a smooth surface and 3 lanes all the way to 76...thats nice.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueByYou
    early sat mornings good for top speed runs you will have the road to yourself from Exton to King of Prussia see what you can do

BTW..how fast did you get going?

wow as a Malvern transplant, you guys are making me homesick.....lol

There is always the pa turnpike at 4am for high speed, no curves but we all need alittle 150mph action every once in a while

a good run is from goshen rd on 252 till it becomes a single lane about a mile ahead. I can get up to about a buck 30

Quote Originally Posted by BShow
    BTW..how fast did you get going?
    BlueByYou is my good friend/coworker, he hits fuel cut in his STi (150-155MPH) consistantly on that road!
    -Marc
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast