CA: HWY 9
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on CA: HWY 9 within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; HWY 9 is one of the best drives in the bay area. To get there take hwy 85 get off ...

CA: HWY 9

HWY 9 is one of the best drives in the bay area. To get there take hwy 85 get off Saratoga ext. if you are coming from the north go right on saratoga if your coming from the south go left, you'll pass thourgh down town saratoga in till the road turns into one of the greatest roads in the bay. At the top you come to a four way stop if you keep going straight through the stop sign the road continues for a long time and is lots of fun

Drive wise! If you are going to make a fast run please keep it in the later hours, earlier in the day traffic on this road is moderatly heavy.

Have fun
    Drive like you stole it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Lots of cops too... be careful. We're driving a bunch of the back roads back up in there and have very little traffic or cops, and they are way more fun. Some gnarly stretches of pavement back in those hills

If you're in the Santa Cruz/Monterey Bay Area, send me a PM if you're interested in joining our drive group.

Highway 9 rocked. I kept up with an M3 coming down the mountains into san jose, which is either testament to my driving skills or his lack. (I was driving a rental mustang)

That coffee shop in the middle is nice to. "They have really great coffee for no reason."

hey hwy 9 is the best! but you might not want to overlook taking a left on skyline once you reah the interesection coming form saratoga. take skyline a ways down and it turns really twisty, but maybe a little too tight for fast driving....or you cna take a left onto black(i think) road, and thats also very twisty and very fun. what i love about these roads is whenever im there there is some crazy cool car. last time up i got owned by a very very loud 96ish GTi VR6 WITH turbo, and saw a realy nice white wrx with jdm gold rays wheels, who i saw at santana row an hour earlier....
    anyway next time i come down im gonna pm you guys and see if we can go for a drive, thers a few of us at wrxfanatics who would show up too.
    bmw addict. often a practicing rwd purist.
    still coping with how ready the impreza platform is to outperform my skillset with its own.
    out there in the forests...

I still haven't driven Highway 9 yet, but I've heard that it's awesome (and that there are a lot of cops). So far I've just stuck to Skyline, Woodside, and the smaller back roads that connect to those. I'm moving to the east bay next month, so I'm going to have to start exploring over there.

rally02wrx, did that white WRX have a pink STi windshield banner?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.