CA: Rt-49
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on CA: Rt-49 within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Between Mariposa and Rt-108. Very remote. Awesome, rugged, mountainous country. But the road is very well taken care of. Great ...

Thumbs up CA: Rt-49

Between Mariposa and Rt-108. Very remote. Awesome, rugged, mountainous country. But the road is very well taken care of. Great surface. At night it's lit up like a runway with reflectors. VERY twisty. Lots of cliffs. Not for the faint of heart. I can never get enough of it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Therre are places on 49 that are a lot of fun. We went up to Marble Quarry out side of Angels Camp a couple months ago.... I sure would have loved to be in my WRX instead of my damn motorhome!

Thumbs up

Between Sonora and Angles Camp is a gas. Beyond Angles camp these days there's a lot of traffic. But man, get your WRX and do the drive on the section of 49 between 108 and Mariposa. It's about 1.5 hours (HOURS!) of road track driving. Do it in the spring or in the fall to avoid other people's RVs.

Originally posted by Racenut3.0
    Therre are places on 49 that are a lot of fun. We went up to Marble Quarry out side of Angels Camp a couple months ago.... I sure would have loved to be in my WRX instead of my damn motorhome!
    I was in an automatic Dodge Neon
    Roads in that whole area were one of the best I've ever been on with brand new asphalt. I made a mistake somewhere coming down from Yosemite and ended up cutting across towards I-10 and couldn't believe how awesome the roads were.
    Wish we have something similar here on the east coast

If memory serves, there are some nice roads in New Hampshire, as Gusto pointed out elsewhere. I was stationed in Boston while in the service and I used to love getting up into New Hampshire for the scenic beauty as well as for the great roads. I was driving a 911 at the time.

BTW, you must be aware that there are a lot of great old road tracks in the right side of the continent Lime Rock and Watkins Glen, for instance.
    Last edited by Gearboy; 08-07-2004 at 10:55 AM.

Yeah, however everything is 2+ hours away from me (one way) and most of the year weather is bad.
    Can't afford to really go make a run before lunch

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.