SD: Black Hills
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on SD: Black Hills within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Drove two roads this AM touring the Black Hills (SD) - you know Mt Rushmore The roads are the Iron ...

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

Black Hills

Drove two roads this AM touring the Black Hills (SD) - you know Mt Rushmore

The roads are the Iron Mtn Rd (16A south of Keystone- turn the opposite way as Mt Rushmore) and the Needles Highway (87). These two roads are simply amazing- as twisty as roads as you'll find anywhere in the US- I was hunting for 1st gear on a couple of switchbacks! One lane tunnels, pig tail bridges, breath taking scenery- they've got it all. Drive it early AM to avoid traffic- it's the height of tourism season now in the Black Hills- earlier or latter in the season would be even better.

These roads would make for a wonderful tarmac rally event if we ever go that far w/ rally here in the US (big time handbraking to be had ).

I'm still having a tough time wiping the grin off of my face.

Big Sky

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Havin' fun with that new wagon, huh?

Sounds like a great drive.

[Edit title 'cause BSW didn't follow directions.. ]

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Originally posted by smorris
    Havin' fun with that new wagon, huh?

Sounds like a great drive.

[Edit title 'cause BSW didn't follow directions.. ]
    Great time w/ the wagon!

I'm going to get banned one of these days I was having a tough time in private for sale too- don't tell tan or I'll be on the list or sure

Mike

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.