PA: Route 125

This is a discussion on PA: Route 125 within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; If anyone in central Pennsylvania is looking for a fun road, check out route 125 north from Interstate 81 to ...

PA: Route 125

If anyone in central Pennsylvania is looking for a fun road, check out route 125 north from Interstate 81 to the town of Shamokin. Or you can map quest Hegins to Shamokin. It's about 20 miles and it takes at least 40 minutes to drive it. It passes over 4 or 5 mountains with various switchbacks, elevation changes and 180 degree corners with great banking. The best part is it's in the middle of nowhere, no traffic at all, I saw 2 cars the entire way and they were traveling opposite of me You will experience brake fade if you have stock pads
    -Matt
    2004 WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mmorningstar
    If anyone in central Pennsylvania is looking for a fun road, check out route 125 north from Interstate 81 to the town of Shamokin. Or you can map quest Hegins to Shamokin. It's about 20 miles and it takes at least 40 minutes to drive it. It passes over 4 or 5 mountains with various switchbacks, elevation changes and 180 degree corners with great banking. The best part is it's in the middle of nowhere, no traffic at all, I saw 2 cars the entire way and they were traveling opposite of me You will experience brake fade if you have stock pads

wow...next time i go to my dad's house, im taking that one. he lives between lewisburg and williamsport just off rt 15. I usually just come up rt 15. which side of the river is this road on? I usually come from the turnpike(im in SE PA) and take 322 iirc and that dumps me onto 81 for a mile or so and somehow work my way to rt 15. theres a lot of hwy changes, but im not sure what any of them are called.

I'm from Williamsport, there's a couple of us on here. There's a ton of fun roads just north of the city, anywhere north of 220 really is where the good stuff starts.

Quote Originally Posted by sixstars
    I'm from Williamsport, there's a couple of us on here. There's a ton of fun roads just north of the city, anywhere north of 220 really is where the good stuff starts.
    nice, maybe next time im up there we can hook up for a drive. He lives closer to lewisburg, but williamsport is like 20 mins tops i think...he lives in Milton.

Cool, cool. My gram lives in Milton (park ave) and I go to visit her like once a month. Milton's just a hop skip and jump (over the big mountain) from da port!

Thumbs up

Thumbs up for a great drive, I left Allentown and, for the helluvit, ripped down I-78 west to I-81 north to route 209 to route 125 north and had a very good time. Got stuck a few miles behind a codger in a newish SS Monte Carlo. Otherwise it was very much fun with radically changing scenery! Just the small towns are jems for photographers who like the wierd and the wacky. Once in Shamokin, I took 61 south to 78 east. 61 is interesting for some of the towns but crawling with police in some spots.

I highly recommend this run and thanks to the OP.

David Bleurex
    Last edited by David Bleurex; 04-11-2005 at 07:18 PM.

Thanks Dave, I was just going to do that. Less than 3 weeks away.
    Tom ~ 06 WRX Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by David Bleurex
    BTW- May I recommend this run?
    Yep, but I'll remove it after the event, if that's OK with you. Trying to keep these as specific places to go rather than events, as they'll rapidly be outdated.

Thanks,
    Steve

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

North New Jersey, School at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania (Rt 287, Rt 78, Rt 22, Rt 80)
    thats right by me, i go to susquehanna university. I am def goign to take a drive
    -My name is Tom not Jack

Check profile for mods

"I wanted to put a bullet between the eyes of every panda that wouldn't screw to save its species" Fight Club