CA: GLendora Mountains Near Azusa

This is a discussion on CA: GLendora Mountains Near Azusa within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; They call these roads, or this location.. Giomarra.. Maybe thats the name of the housing area its located in (rich ...

CA: GLendora Mountains Near Azusa

They call these roads, or this location.. Giomarra.. Maybe thats the name of the housing area its located in (rich ass mother ****ers) But It's in glendora and these roads are kick ass! Take the 210 and exit auto center, its near foothill.. The roads are closed at night though so go during the day and lay low.. I went with my friends at 1 am.. THere were me and 2 of my friends with wrx's... Looked really suspicious, 3 wrx's driving in line towards the same place.. COps saw us and right when we got the CLOSED gate into Giomarra, an SUV truck police car comes up and tells us to leave .. Oh well, good luck finding it, kinda confusing to get there once i get iron clad directions I'll post again.. Anyone heard of this spot?? It's really popular..
    02 PSM WRX
    14.362@97.08 mph stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yea i took my wrx there last week. im in west covina, we shood get a little wrx group to drive up there

We should have a little group meeting, i live in west covina too...
    2005 Aspen White WRX

i think the road you are talking about is glendora moutain road you take the 210 to azusa head north to the canyon about 3 miles into the canyon at the first big bridge (east fork cut off i think) hang a right follow that road past a fire camp and a few camp grounds take it easy the pigs chill in camp grounds listening for people having too much fun, pay attention on your right there will be a sign that says glendora moutain road you have to make sharp u turn and head up the hill and your there. it is a pretty tight canyon lots of bad pavement and dangerous spots lot of people die up there it is closed at night because of all the street racing and people going over the side but it can be real fun. there is also another road off gmr that cuts over to mt baldy it has no painted lines no gaurd rails and hardly ever has cops it is a long twisty scary road. try not to go up there alone i have ran into some shady people up there groups of people blocking the road and doing stupid s@*t. i haven't been up there in a while no one wants to go but im ready when you are

papastone where did you get your rims powder coated at?

in costa mesa the 405N exit on harbor blvd is pretty fun, i can take the curve goin about 75 in my truck if theres no traffic.

kinda far from azusa and glendora though
    Last edited by ThatsMyBoyBlue; 08-28-2005 at 02:48 AM.

its my new home... take the 210 exit bridge side, headhead west make a right into mills, then merge on to mt baldy road.... 8 to 9 miles up make a left onto glendora mt. ridge... night time they have the cops there go during day time its prety dead

be carefull on one of the bank turns 3 miles in has a water creek on the base of it dont gun it too much you will loose traction ( location is a low banked left turn domed over by trees) this place has many rocks but can be avoided... the' bueriers off the cliff is piles of rocks this wont stop u from flying over.. alot of blind turns "great great" watch for on coming traffic GMR is 12 miles long have fun ill see u guys there
    Driver: Francis-Paul Dela Cruz
    04' Wrx Utec stg.3
    Home: Glendora Mt. Ridge

F4 #09 <---- the the suby-guru in-training

|[ D. D. i. D. ]| <--- Support the cause!

GMR Rally ready roads

I grew up in the small comunity of Mt. Baldy Ca. The pleasure and fortune of learning to drive in the mountains, with such difficult roads, was priceless... GMR or Glendora Mountain road streches from the villiage of Mt. Baldy to Azusa Canyon Where it become east fork. Gmr continues down to the city of Glendora where i currently live. Word of advice, learn to drive first!!!! This roads can and does kill people every year. I do not recomend and would not like to see a bunch of little inexperienced retards dying in mass and giving the state another reason to lock those gates. So if you drive be care and i swear it will be the ride of your life... and if your not it may be the last ride of your life...

peace,

old thred but anyways, today i went to the moutains in glendora. beautiful. there are a buttload of twisties. we went in my friends truck hoping to find a place to go offroading. they had some kind of trail that just closed when we got there. but anyways id thought id share and if you are in southern california you should go check it out because its pretty cool there and i do not think people know about them. i didnt till today

cool. i gotta try that out
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R