CO: Berthoud Pass-US 40

This is a discussion on CO: Berthoud Pass-US 40 within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Take I-70 into the mountains and get off on US 40. its always 2 lanes going up and one coming ...

CO: Berthoud Pass-US 40

Take I-70 into the mountains and get off on US 40. its always 2 lanes going up and one coming down....be careful of storms but other then that its an awesome drive where you can *somtimes* be the only one on the road.
    Yea though I walk through the valley of Rice, I shall fear no Honda, for Turbocharged Torque art with me;
    My All Wheel Drive and Short throw shifter comfort me.
    All the days of my life,
    I shall dwell in the driving seat of the WRX, Forever.
    Amen

My daddy=dremel

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

be real carefull the first town you come to, it looks like a hole in the wall. It is posted at around 25mph there is usually a cop there that must make his salery by ticketing people. I got pulled over this winter doing 8 miles over the speed limit there. I have heard many similar stories, it could just be during ski season though.
    Once you pass the town it is lots of fun to drive

That town (Empire), made the top 10 list of speed traps in the country a couple years ago. I have a friend that got pulled over on Christmas day and he said that they gave him a choice of king sized candy bars and told him to drive slower.

Quote Originally Posted by V8 Sluut
    Take I-70 into the mountains and get off on US 40. its always 2 lanes going up and one coming down....be careful of storms but other then that its an awesome drive where you can *somtimes* be the only one on the road.
    What is the exit #? I live in Frederick, and I'm always looking for great drives.
    1994 Chevrolet B4C Camaro
    2005 Subaru WRX STi

I believe it's 232, not 100% sure on that.