SC: Francis Marion State Park
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on SC: Francis Marion State Park within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; This is literally the only decent road I've found near Charleston, SC (with one exception, which I'll note later). Francis ...

SC: Francis Marion State Park

This is literally the only decent road I've found near Charleston, SC (with one exception, which I'll note later).

Francis Marion Park is on Hwy 17, maybe 10 minutes north of Mount Pleasant. It's a bunch of dirt roads winding through the forest. The whole park is larger than the entire Raleigh and Durham (NC) area combined, just to give you an idea of how large the road-network is, here. It's what our cars were made for.

I've heard there's good driving by Hilton Head, but I haven't made it down there yet. The only other good place I know of is off Hwy 61. Coming north on 61 from West Ashley, before you hit Summerville, you'll pass under a set of large high voltage power lines. Right under the lines is a dirt road. I have no idea what it is, but I think it's a gun club. It's a series of connected dirt roads, and it's a lot of fun. It's also possibly illegal, so you might want to stick to the FM park.
    2004 WRX Wagon, Silver

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Whats up man? I live in West-Ashley, my friend lives about 2 minutes from the FM forest (in awendaw is where he lives) Those roads are awsome!!! I have been through them w/ my friends rx7. I have a 300zx now but am looking to get a rex in the next 2 weeks.

[QUOTE=the_saintz]
    I've heard there's good driving by Hilton Head, but I haven't made it down there yet. QUOTE]

I live on Hilton Head. There is no place at all to drive on the Island itself. As far as off-island (bluffton) there may be a few spots but they are all heavily patrolled by cops.
    Is there a specific place you know of on/near hilton head...i would love to check into it and let you know.

Red face Driving near hilton head

I also am interested in where you can drive around Hilton Head. I have looked around for a while, but havnt found any good spots. 278 is always crawling with Undercovers and I dont know of any real good back roads. Please let me know where we can drive around because Im sick of worrying about the UC's.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.