CA: Southern Cali - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on CA: Southern Cali within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by spiffman my house is on Decker canyons, it connects to: Stunt Mullholland Piuma Kana Encinal Latigo so ...

Quote Originally Posted by spiffman
    my house is on Decker canyons, it connects to:

Stunt
    Mullholland
    Piuma
    Kana
    Encinal
    Latigo

so i get to drive the 60 miles of canyons wheneva i want, awesome i know, and very good to practice on, lemme know if you guys ever wanna go on some drives around here, cuz i know the best routes.

hey im up to go canyoning with ya if your down to go on sundays, i usually go every weekend and i live in that area, in bell canyon if you know where that is.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

for sure.
    sticky-Flo.com
    Proud Member of the "Ran From a Cop and Got Away" Club(x6)
    Mods:Special Tint that adds 45hp to each wheel.

palos verdes

At the end of the 110 south towards san pedro take first st theres the hill... there are back roads tons of fun
    04 WRX WaGoN
    5 speed
    Typhoon filter

Quote Originally Posted by renegade2143
    hey im up to go canyoning with ya if your down to go on sundays, i usually go every weekend and i live in that area, in bell canyon if you know where that is.
    Im always down for a little canyon driving got to hit up Black Cyn though, nothing better than a private road were the cops wont bug you. Decker and Tuna are in my top 5 though for sure. Just let me know when you guys want to go
    JBP Stg 2 Catted 250whp/262wtq PROTUNED

dont forget

Quote Originally Posted by FilMaNutts
    if u really want to test out ur subaru wrx go to topanga canyon on the way to malibu... that place is ****ing bomb....another place would be kanan road on the way to zuma beach...also mulholland drive....if uve tried these or know of more holla
    hey fickity fil.....dont forget angeles crest....oh and by the way....WHAT IS SWI?

so i finaly went and did angeles forest hwy fri night, i started on big tujunga all the way up what an awsome drive! i went with my friend at like 11:30 pm almost no one on the road, i never cought up to any 1 , i only saw a few cars pass my direction. im not sure if i stayed on angeles hwy cause after going like 70ish miles i passed two tunels and then road closed sign so i had to turn all the ay back , my idea was to just jump on the hwy 14 and go back home lol that didnt work out to well... then on my way back trying not to miss any turns i ended up passing a park ranger i belive , it was dark so i couldnt see, next thing i new ::bam:: spot light im like damn so i just kept driving and noticed he started to persuade me so untill i saw red and blue light i got it back up to speed nonchalantly and after about 6 turns he was wayyyyy back there so i just got on it and never saw him again lol .. im going to try it out during the day i just know there will be other people on the road but it would be nice to see all around.. any way ,if any one is intrested in doing a run with me let me know, i cant waight to go again

so i did topanga canyon for my first time in somthing other then a truck lol.. last night at like 11:30 pm i was just bored and tought id hit it up... and i kid you not, about 2min in going south on topanga i get some guy on my ass im like wtf, i was on it pritty good, so i let him go and it was some guys in what looked to be a 94 rx7, from what i can tell, all i can say is HOLY@#$%$% that guy was awsome, his car was nothing close to stock, but i tryed to stay with him as hard as posible untill i got my car into a 4wheel power slide , it was pritty scarry but i had a blast!! it was so much fun, i basicly gave up when he was just yarding on me down the straights but i sware i never saw that guy touch the brakes.. it didnt even seem like he was trying... oh well , i just wish he would of pulled over so we could talk cause i wanted some advice!! haha ,it was burgandy i think , i know it had like a red rims almost like a pearl color.. but he was gone befor i could even blink it was awsome i never had my car so on the edge,.. im runing the MRT sway bars front &rear , oz wheels with potenza 070 and a mrt turbo back ... im going to look into geting better tires and im looking into the tein flex and my buddy sells brembos so im gona get the GT series brakes... any other ideas? <i got my a$$ handed to me> lol

Quote Originally Posted by renegade2143
    maulholland, topanga, kanan are nothing. u want good canyons, take mauholland to stunt rd, then to piumma or sherrer to la tuna canyon. la tuna is one way and is a replica of the roads of monte carlo, then there is latigo canyon also a very good canyon. but keep in mind its not for novice drivers the twists and turns will make ur arms ache. up north hwy 1 is also very nice and goes along the coast.
    Tuna canyon is so much fun. I did this one three times in a day with my friend because it was so fun. I've only had my license for a year, and this road let me test the limits of my car (I havent had time to go to the track). I wasn't going too fast, but you can definetly tell when your car is at its limits. It was a very educational drive for me.
    Owner of a 2004 WRX Wagon in Aspen White, with t3h fo-34T tranny.

Latigo Latigo Latigo

i've been running LA canyons for 17 years. lots of the ones listed here are gravy. however...Latigo is the nuhtz. I was rolling up there today. the first 2-3 miles are ok, but then it gets totally crazy. i came ripping around a corner only to see a Sherriff pulling out of a turn out. i thought that he'd look in his rear view and see my hood scoop and slow to see what was up with me. no one else on the road, at all. but get this. he punches it and was gone. i kept a good pace up (45-50 mph) and didn't see him again. i figured he pulled off and was going to wait for me to pass....never saw him. so the route is PCH north from Santa Monica....before Kanan turn right on Latigo. take it 10 or so switchback miles up the road...then turn right on Kanan, then right on Mullholand drive. stop at the rock shop 30354 Mullholand drive. grab a drink and a burger. keep heading on MD to Malibu Canyon and head back down to PCH. total time - depends on your tires. take it easy on the blind switchbacks as cyclist may be in your lane. and, oh yeah, always drive the speed limit.

Top Runs (in no set order)
    Latigo C
    Kanan Drive
    Malibu C
    Decker (sp)
    Mullholand Highway (light traffic)
    Mullholand Drive (lot of traffic)

Stunt Rd. to Tuna Canyon FTW.
    06 VF39'd WRX 270awhp 295wtq @15psi
    Should I OpenSource and ditch the AP?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

anything in the inland empire area

like by rancho cucamonga

Is it just me, or are there ALWAYS cops on Malibu Canyon/Las Virgines canyon? Usually, there's three or four at a time. I've never seen any cops on Kanan or Mulhulland, oddly enough.
    Owner of a 2004 WRX Wagon in Aspen White, with t3h fo-34T tranny.

Piuma Rd. off of Los Virgines Rd and the 101 Freeway
    '08 WRX SSM
    Mods:
    Engine- COBB AP, stage 2 Perrin map and intake, SPT CB exhaust and Invidia catted DP.
    Suspension- SSR Type-F 18x8 +45 offset, Rallitek F/R swaybars and HD endlinks, H&R springs, camber bolts and Cusco front strut tower bar.
    Exterior/Interior- '09 WRX grill, Factory Front lip, Fog lights, STi 5 speed shift knob, Armrest extension, painted rear chrome strip and debadged trunk.

srt trackday at willows springs callifornia on january 13th.
    this is a grip/drift event
    cost is 125 for all day.
    call562-237-1228
    or visit this site www.srttrackdays.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.