TX: Top 10 Roads - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on TX: Top 10 Roads within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; not to raise the dead but... i just did lime creek road today and this road is pure ecastcy. probably ...

not to raise the dead but... i just did lime creek road today and this road is pure ecastcy. probably the closest youll ever get to running a tarmac rally stage. this shouldnt be called a road, it is a point to point race track. im not one to condone street racing or being an idiot on the road, but this road brought out the teenager in me. ive still got a permasmile from the constant switchbacks and hairpins. if you want proof of this road youtube it. or go look at google maps. this road is like a section of the dragon cut out and pasted beside lake travis. there is a bunch of elevation change too, at least 250ft worth of up and downs, the hairpins are banked, and i went faster than im proud to admit but my god it was fun. highly recommened.... and for those that BMW about not having roads in houston... i dare you to drive this road, youll do the commute just for a couple of runs. (im from houston and i would totally drive out here to do this).

Flat Out- LCR + rammstein = a great day

Matt
    UTA FSAE FTW!!!!

Cars
    1993 MR2 Turbo- SOLD
    2004 WRX - SOLD
    2008 Civic Si

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the 546

"the 546" 11 mile run from mckinney to prinston. one way road that runs pretty smooth in both directions swooping corners, quite afew elevaton changes, maybe 2 or 3 blind corners, and 2 kinda challenging 90 degree turns. one of witch you have to know is coming cuase if your on your way back to mckinney the second one has a hump right before the turn(i had a idoit freind run off into the field cuase he didn't feel the "fall" on the run out)

its actully been quite awhile sence ive been out there(dont have the right car right now) so i dont really remember run times or average speed, but the whole thing runs pretty fast ive been up to 100+ on some of the straight aways anywhere from 50-70 on most of the corners. theres one tight "S" turn that can be alot of fun and you can run it using both sides of the road or staying in your lane both provide a (in my opioin) diffrent expereance. the road can be run faster then it looks

now when i went out there all the time i didn't have to worry about cops i just had to worry about other drivers around blind corners and up hills so for the most part i did one lane runs..... now you would probably have to watch for the cops abit more. believe it or not i had my funnest run in a ford focus so you dont need a beast to go have fun on this road.

sorry i went on and on you guys that just used to be the spot to clear my head. i hope ya'll find it and have as much fun as i did.

Banned
    great road great drive

Took a run down FM 390 yesterday, and it was definantly worth it. Some good turns, plus the scenery was fantastic. I'd go as early as possible this time of year, because parts of the road were slowed down by bluebonnet lookers.

It's sad here in west Texas, the best roads we find to okay ob are oilfield lease roads that aren't to washboarded out from trucks....
    "When we understand us, our consciousness, we also understand the universe and the separation disappears."
    ~ Amit Goswami ~

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123