TX: Top 10 Roads - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on TX: Top 10 Roads within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I drove to Austin from Houston this weekend. 71 North was so much fun around 11pm iw was unreal. About ...

Hwy 71 from I-10 to Austin

I drove to Austin from Houston this weekend. 71 North was so much fun around 11pm iw was unreal. About 30 miles out of Austin there are several large sweeping downhill turns, came in from the outside around 80 and ended up coming out of the inside line around 110. Still breaking the car in but these turns were so much fun. Also in Houston I-10 West just inside the loop there are a couple of great turns as you get into downtown. Have fun and get a radar detector. Lord knows I need one, but I also need NAVI. Radar first, then NAVI/DVD. Got XM already, the techno stations are great for driving.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

does anyone know any good roads near dfw?
    -05' Crystal Grey Metallic WRX
    -Omori boost/egt gauges
    -ERZ up/down
    -Magnaflow Catback
    -Cobb stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mardok

Lime creek is the solution to all my love life troubles. I get pissed it holds me. I feel down it boosts me.
    amen.. sometimes I make the 2.5 hour trip to austin just to drive on that road. no sht

NEW RECORD AS FAR AS i KNOW

1960 to 75

2 Hours and 15 minutes

Hey guys,
    For those of us in the DFW area, there are too some fun places. I have gone out to highway 5 (in Aledo) a few times and its not bad. Also I hit FM 917 and FM 157 this weekend, and had some fun. Heck, if you wanted a really long trip you could take FM 917 to FM 157 (they intersect these days) and take FM 157 to highway 67. Highway 67 is straight and well paved, I guess if you were nuts you could go all out here but I imagine cops hang out there (it does go through Alvarado afterall). At any rate, you could then take 67 to Cleburne and pick up higway 4 there, which is quite long and fun (I've heard, haven't had a chance to check it out yet). Just a thought. More info to come as I explore. There's got to be great roads with all of the country highways and farm to market roads just 20-30 minutes outside of Fort Worth, we just have to find them!! If y'all want a few of us can get together some Saturday and go looking.

Oh, one more thing. On Higway 5, the constables house is at the top of this one hill, so be careful. I haven't heard of anybody getting busted or anything (mostly motorcycles out there) but it just doesn't seem like it would be a good idea to go flying by the place.

Any good driving roads near Corpus Christi? I've only been here for a couple of months.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

+1 for FM 157 (Lone Star Rd) from 287 to 67 in Venus. We used to ride that road every weekend when I had my bike. Then take 67 to Glen Rose then go North on 144 to Granbury then 51 north to Weatherford
    06 WRX Wagon Limited
    Cobb Stg 3

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteMonkey
    1960 to 75

2 Hours and 15 minutes

haha you got a vid?
    Trek mountain bike (with front AND rear suspension!)
    Zero skateboard

I don’t know if its my fault, or if possibly ya’ll are blowing Lime Creek out of proportion. However, yesterday I went down to lime creek, and what was a cool road for 3 turns, suddenly becomes a lame residential road known as Anderson Mill? Where did I go wrong?

Since I had time to kill, I later found an awesome road called Unnamed road, there was a random road later I turned onto from Unnamed road, and I swear it was something straight out of initial D, blind hairpins, hills so steep when you crest you literally feel like you are on a roller coaster, crazy insane.

That whole hill country area of 1431 by Lime Creek is amazing!
    Christine the silver 03 WRX wagon
    Brought unto the world on 6/6/06
    May your evil be known around the world

Quote Originally Posted by Xantos
    I don’t know if its my fault, or if possibly ya’ll are blowing Lime Creek out of proportion. However, yesterday I went down to lime creek, and what was a cool road for 3 turns, suddenly becomes a lame residential road known as Anderson Mill? Where did I go wrong?

Since I had time to kill, I later found an awesome road called Unnamed road, there was a random road later I turned onto from Unnamed road, and I swear it was something straight out of initial D, blind hairpins, hills so steep when you crest you literally feel like you are on a roller coaster, crazy insane.

That whole hill country area of 1431 by Lime Creek is amazing!
    Next time go right just before you get to the residential area. All the residential stuff is less than 2 years old. but if you go right you will find the rest of lime creek. it goes all the way back to volente beach then you can follow it all the way back to FM 620. you should have a lot of fun next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Leland915
    Next time go right just before you get to the residential area. All the residential stuff is less than 2 years old. but if you go right you will find the rest of lime creek. it goes all the way back to volente beach then you can follow it all the way back to FM 620. you should have a lot of fun next time.

Ahh, thank you, I knew I must have made a mistake. After we ended up on Anderson my friend and I where wondering if Lime Creek road was like a big inside joke people used on noobs.
    Christine the silver 03 WRX wagon
    Brought unto the world on 6/6/06
    May your evil be known around the world

i live in the beaumont area... no cool roads here at all.

What about the fort hood Temple, waco area I have been here a while and all I find is cr@p highyways, thread ressuriction

im going to have to say that my favorite road has got to be TX149 up north of HWY105 the speed limit it 60 so even going pretty fast down it wont get you in too much trouble. its got solid tree cover as it goes through the heart of sam houston national forrest. i take my MR2 up there all the time, its full of sweeping curves and a couple of straights to strech the legs a bit. seriously though the night run up that road is down right amazing. its amazing what you do when you go driving when your pissed....

Matt

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.