MI: SE fun drives??
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on MI: SE fun drives?? within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Anyone in here know of some good fun drives in SE Mich? I know all about Huron River Dr. and ...

MI: SE fun drives??

Anyone in here know of some good fun drives in SE Mich? I know all about Huron River Dr. and Hankerd Rd ... anyone else have any good suggestions? My area is waaaaay too flat and straight!

Need help finding the twisties .... all help appreciated.

Smitty
    Smitty

'04 Black STi
    Bronze SDR's/Blizzak LM22's
    Debadged

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thumbs down Slim Pickin's

Good luck in your pursuit for fun roads...

Unfortunately, the SE Michigan area is simply too populated to safely drive flat out on a lot of these roads at any times before 2 AM. I've got about 25 - 30 miles of dirt mapped out that I regularly practice on, but they are all in southern Lapeer county. That's quite the drive from A^2. Also, a lot of the "fun" runs are considered residential, so driving at speed is taking a big risk. When I go out, it's typically about 3 - 4 in the morning. I know it sucks, but it's the price to pay I suppose.

I think you are on the right track with Huron River Dr. and Hankerd. Best set in Michigan is to find roads that follow some of the smaller rivers. Those will generally be the only roads that aren't straight as an arrow. Let me know if you find anything worth while.

-Bayley

I took my granfather's 1979 Lincoln Mark V out on 9 Mile once when I was 16 years old, just got my license That was exciting!!! They live in Royal Oak, he said take it for a spin, so I did! heh heh heh.
    -Chris
    Turbo Baja, Turbo Jetta

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.