I-95 Maine to Mass
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on I-95 Maine to Mass within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I know its a highway but between the construction in Maine, the lack of cops in NH, and volume in ...

I-95 Maine to Mass

I know its a highway but between the construction in Maine, the lack of cops in NH, and volume in Mass its a fun trip for me to Boston every once in awhile. I get in the groove at around Portland, pushing the envelope of sound by the time I get to the construction south of exit 4, slow for the workers, then that last explosion of 5 or so miles before the tolls is wicked. Once thru the tolls its open season instantly. Gang busters to the next tolls in NH, always keeping the eye out for smokies. Sometimes we pack up and travel with 3- 7 other "movers." Thats when it gets fun. We aren't racing we're just trying to get somewhere, swapping lead, gettin on it when the log jam opens up. Loosing some and gaining some the whole way. Once we're past Danvers area I slow down to mach 1. I'd hate to have to pay some money to the state of Massachusettes.
    -Chris
    Turbo Baja, Turbo Jetta

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

RMD
    That's a drive that I make quite frequently...great stretch of highway in northern mass, when there is no traffic! Try driving Rt.35 from the standish area to the highway...great road with LOTS of twisties and not many people! Thumbs up!

Re: I-95 Maine to Mass

Originally posted by inski21
    .......... I'd hate to have to pay some money to the state of Massachusettes.
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!! taxachusetts doesn't need anymore more money !! ;///

Originally posted by RMD
    That's a drive that I make quite frequently...great stretch of highway in northern mass, when there is no traffic! Try driving Rt.35 from the standish area to the highway...great road with LOTS of twisties and not many people! Thumbs up!
    OMG you are so close to the most ultimate road. Try rt.114 from Standish all the way into Naples. Once past the beach area of E Sebago the road is the second twistiest road I've ever been on. I'm talkin lose your lunch dips, off camber tightening radius turns, esses, lots of elavation changes, you'll love it. It seems that early morning going towards Naples is when its the least busy. So help you God if you get an un-obstructed, no cars in front of you, shot at this road! I swear you'll want to turn around and do it again.

Rt. 114 from Standish to Naples kicks ass!
    -Chris
    Turbo Baja, Turbo Jetta

mass

just wondering if u guys know any good roads in south eastern mass near brockton area????

RMD

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by inski21
    OMG you are so close to the most ultimate road. Try rt.114 from Standish all the way into Naples. Once past the beach area of E Sebago the road is the second twistiest road I've ever been on. I'm talkin lose your lunch dips, off camber tightening radius turns, esses, lots of elavation changes, you'll love it. It seems that early morning going towards Naples is when its the least busy. So help you God if you get an un-obstructed, no cars in front of you, shot at this road! I swear you'll want to turn around and do it again.

I'll have to give that one a whirl...I've driven it in an old muscle car (4 speed, 71 Chevelle, 454ci w/450hp and 550 lb/ft at 3200). Not exactly a twisties car but fun none the less...I'll try it sometime in the Rex...Perhaps when I get my clutch install completed next weekend!!

Ryan

Registered User BoostEqualsLife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by inski21

i've done this many times in my turbo mr2 [as i vacation every year, right on that road, at naples beach on sebago lake], and this year, i get to take the new rexx, pretty excited.

and yea, i know i know, i brought up a hugely dead thread. whatever kids.
    2006 Subaru WRX TR
    198awhp, 226awtq @ 11.9psi: Boost Leak, JNA Catback, Rallyarmor Mudflaps.
    2002 Subaru WRX SOLD.
    269awhp, 250awtq @ 16.8psi: `05 VF39 Turbo, STi 565cc Injectors, Walbro FP, Accessport, Invidia Uppipe, HKS Downpipe, Borla Hush Catback, AEM CAI, 17" Rota Tarmac IIs, H&R Springs, Kartboy SS, Rallyarmor Mudflaps.
    NewEngland F4 // Granite State Subarus

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.