MI: highway M119
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on MI: highway M119 within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; just north of Harbor Springs there is a one and a half lane road that goes thru the woods with ...

MI: highway M119

just north of Harbor Springs there is a one and a half lane road that goes thru the woods with great views of lake MI sometimes. awesome corners, good straights. keep going north past cross vilage for some more great road (higher speed section) all the way up to sturgeon bay.

turn around and do it again. about 25-30 miles

just watch for deer, pedestrians and traffic around some blind corners.

your brother in boost,

Ryan
    Mine's the blue one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

HAHAHA, I was just gonna post this one. I live in Petoskey, Harbor is 10 mins. away. If anyone wants a guide, send me an e-mail, i'm always looking for an excuse to go up there.

M119 is a 20 mile stretch from harbor to cross village, 4 miles to sturgeon from cross village (just take a left at the only stop sign, and you'll find the beach). Takes about 45 mins one way (yes, it has that many corners). I'll warn you now, it's about a lane and a half wide for most of it, if you find traffic, your stuck behind them untill you either pull over for 5 minutes and let them get ahead, or they pull over and let you pass. If you come up to a car going the other way, you need to slow down, get as far over to your side as possible and hope it's not something really wide.

as for the course layout: 2 hairpin turns (one of which is called "Devil's Elbow") along with many mid-slow speed corners. Traffic usually isn't too bad, but keep in mind, your going twice the speed of everyone else, you will catch up and be stuck behind someone. Just hope they are nice and pull off to the side and let you pass. At night you can go faster because if there is oncoming traffic, you can see their lights and slow down.

Sturgeon bay is a good photo opportunity at sunset, lots of sand and a little water against a backdrop of sand dunes and a forest. Also, if you have time in cross village, stop by legs inn, you'll see it, it's the only thing in cross village (except for the gas station, but that's a little harder to find). They have GOOD polish food there, and it's... interesting... inside.

Usually, i'll drive up to cross village, stop at the gas station for a pop, and go back down M119 to harbor and home. The road to sturgeon is worth driving, but i've been on it too often (and it's only 4 miles of mostly straights).

Pictures are here
    http://www.linuxdrifter.com/coppermi...ls.php?album=3

too-cool-2@excite.com
    Last edited by tooocool49723; 11-21-2004 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Pictures from M119

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.