CA: Santa Clarita - Not for the faint of heart
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on CA: Santa Clarita - Not for the faint of heart within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; North of Santa Clarita, take San Francisquito Canyon Road a few miles north. After you pass a place called "A ...

CA: Santa Clarita - Not for the faint of heart

North of Santa Clarita, take San Francisquito Canyon Road a few miles north. After you pass a place called "A Place to Shoot" (a gun range), there is a dirt road on the left that connects San Francisquito to Lake Hughs Road. The first part of the road is the worst, because of the steep decline, but the car can handle it fine, and the rest of the ride is pretty fun. Not fast at all because it is so rough, but it is pretty exciting because you climb to the top of the mountain. What a view!!! The AWD accelaration is awesome, and some corners can be fun also as long as there arent' any ruts. I drove for about an hour off road.

Do not attempt this route if you have lowered your car.

I would love to go all out on this route, but alas I need a daily driver. Mabye in a few years.
    2002 WRX

Still Stock

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice! im a fellow SCVer and have driven that road, not in my rex tho. in my 1994 oldsmobile when i had it, haha..needless to say i broke part of my undercairage doing it.

Its definatly a WRX worthy road. total rally. San fran is a pretty good drive on the asphalt as well...altho i perfer backend placertia canyon myself or paved roads....i worry about my paint too much i guess heh.... Sepulveda at 3am isnt so bad either..
    Last edited by Blue Away; 06-27-2003 at 12:07 AM.
    03 wrb WRX sedan
    Crawford Performance S2 2.5L Block
    --- Tuned by I-SPEED

Tons of other toys.....

I have a sister and her family that live out there. I envy the roads you guys have. Nice long and sweeping. Like a friggin autobahn.

Originally posted by Blue Away
    Sepulveda at 3am isnt so bad either..
    If you are hungry and on this street in the wee hours of the morn', stop by Western Bagel in Van Nuys. Open 24 hours. Just don't act stupid when you are there because the cops like bagels too.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

Thanks for tip, ill have to check it out....
    03 wrb WRX sedan
    Crawford Performance S2 2.5L Block
    --- Tuned by I-SPEED

Tons of other toys.....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.