Il: Hwy 294
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Il: Hwy 294 within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; If you go on highway 294 south and where it splits up between going towards 90 and going on 294, ...

bambams247

Il: Hwy 294

If you go on highway 294 south and where it splits up between going towards 90 and going on 294, go on 90 this is right after lake cook rd. And you do a top speed run ther, there is never cops and you should be fine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i get on 294 south everyday coming home from work at 10:30pm...i think wat ur talking about is the 94/294 split..not 90..theres a stretch of 294 from halfday road exit to lake cook road exit (which is the split). there is one turn around spot for cops..but past that u can easily get to 140+mph..then when u branch off to the left onto 94..just past the toll booth..its a road that leads you to the highway..never saw a cop here..and then once u get on 94 all the way into the city ive never seen a cop and ive hit over 150mph easily...good spot for going fast..but just a highway cruise

Yes 294/94 IS a great road to go fast on.

Also I like (when there is little traffic which is becoming quite rare) IL-41/I-94 from the Dunkin Doughnuts at Park Ave. to Tower road in Northfield/Glencoe for top speed runs. Although use caution under Clavey road as Highland Park PD on a rare occasion sits on the on ramp. After Lake-Cook road you next exit off is Tower road which is over three miles away.
    Last edited by WRX STI w/SPT; 11-16-2006 at 01:17 AM. Reason: Why not?

Yup, have had all of my other cars up to over 100 on those stretches as well.

Also I-88 (toll ((BOO!)) from west of the fox river to close to DeKalb. Just watch the on-ramp at IL-47 for the state boys!

Also: There is NO place anywhere where there are NEVER any cops ever! Maybe few and far between but NEVER NEVER. Get it?!
    Last edited by WRX STI w/SPT; 11-17-2006 at 11:29 AM. Reason: I just felt like it!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.