AZ: Really fun curves

This is a discussion on AZ: Really fun curves within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Great favorite of mine is taking the us 60 from the valley to Globe. There is a canyon with 25 ...

Really fun curves

Great favorite of mine is taking the us 60 from the valley to Globe. There is a canyon with 25 MPH switchbacks down one side and up the other. This road is GREAT fun if there is no one in front of you. Average speed in corners was about 50 MPH for me. if you do get someone in front of you, turn around and do it again. Drive safely!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like a fun drive. What state or country is this so others can enjoy.

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

Originally posted by smorris
    Sounds like a fun drive. What state or country is this so others can enjoy.
    Oops

Road is located between Phoenix and Globe AZ.

Have fun!

are you talking about the dirt road past Tortilla Flat? if so, i have driven it and it is awesome. if not, you need to try it. my buddy and i took my car out there (2 weeks after i bought it brand new) and we did it RIGHT. i especially liked a section that went downhill and became a one lane only right before you got to a bridge at the bottom of some canyon. this was in feb. of this year. i have since moved to seattle. there are some great road rides up here in WA. anyway, i just wanted to savor my flashback.

I Support ClubWRX
    He's talking about the on-road drive, but it's still a blast. I haven't tried that dirt road you're talking about, but I did drive a very long one south of Globe near Pinal Peak. That was a somewhat scary road to drive in my open differential Integra. I was pulling rally moments every 10 minutes even though I have no clue what I'm doing driving fast off-road.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright