CA: Ortega HWY
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on CA: Ortega HWY within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; The other day I was coming back down to San Diego from my bros place in Lake ELsinore and decided ...

CA: Ortega HWY

The other day I was coming back down to San Diego from my bros place in Lake ELsinore and decided to go through the mountains...gotta tell you-THIS is a nice one!!! Beautiful secenry, nice, wide (two-lane) road with good blacktop and not much traffic. Makes for a wonderful Sunday drive. Not that I would ever participate in or condone the breaking of any trafic laws, but there was a distinct LACK of supervision on this little country road, which just begs to be hammered upon. If you're in the area and for some reason want to jump from the 15 to the 5 (westward bound) or from the 5 to the 15 I highly recommend this scenic and exciting byway.

ps-BANKED TURNS are EVERYWHERE
    BEER
    It's what's for dinner
    -------------------------------
    MRT RamPod In
    GFB BOV
    Tanabe NoiseMaker
    Gutted Up
    Helix Down
    TXS MBC

Debadged for that extra ooomph

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I used to cruise this a while back on my sport bike. Very fun and was a lot easier than driving all the way to Mullholand hwy, cruise the canyons, and then face the long drive back to Orange County. Word of caution though that in the morning there is a police presence...because that's when the serious knee draggers are out

T.

i think ortega is kindda dumb, it's too fast, good for crusing but not fun for hard driving like latigo

Re-Addicted to WRX tacomaboy138's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

Red face WATCH OUT FOR PO PO...

My friends have gotten tickets on multiple times for speeding down the stretch about 5 - 10 miles from OC ...Beware the cruiser on the long turn outs with the large bush to hide behind...
    2011 SWP WRX 4D
    07 MINI Cooper S... SOLD!
    03 WRX Wagon... SOLD!
    98 Toyota Tacoma...SOLD!

Jeremy Clarkson has my dream job.

Re: WATCH OUT FOR PO PO...

Originally posted by tacomaboy138
    My friends have gotten tickets on multiple times for speeding down the stretch about 5 - 10 miles from OC ...Beware the cruiser on the long turn outs with the large bush to hide behind...
    Ortega is a bust.

There is a little road that goes along the ridge up there and ends up in temecula or something. It is paved the whole way but barely.
    It's fun but potholey so be careful.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.