NY: Good driving in NY State - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

This is a discussion on NY: Good driving in NY State within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I've been driving around Tweed Mountain for the past couple weeks. Pretty good tight twists and hairpins. Bear Mountain is ...

I've been driving around Tweed Mountain for the past couple weeks. Pretty good tight twists and hairpins.

Bear Mountain is good, 7 lakes drive but honestly it's too crowded most days and you'll get stuck behind some jackass in a minivan doing 20 mph...

Tweed is pretty fun, it's in Orangeburg, NY/Blauvelt, NY.
    It's were that brush fire just happened.

you'll get about a good hour or 2 out of driving those criss-crossing roads there.
    2013 DGM WRX

Gone but never forgotten
    2009 Volvo C30
    2002 Focus Focus ZX3

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This list is so perfect. Saw Mill is insane... Although after rush hour it's fun to take it all the way down 9A and along the West End Highway. I'm very curious about #8 The Secret Road.

i know those lo hud spots very well. nice to see someone else enjoys tearing up those roads (and driving the county cops crazy) in the process. when i was in school upstate, i would take that 17 route plenty..that next leg 81 north towards syracuse is also a real nice ride, and after exit 7 (11 is syracuse) there is no median and limited shoulder for cops to sit on

I Support ClubWRX
    Rt 3 through the Adirondack Park is quite nice (between Watertown / Tupper Lake). Last trip I went on, unfortunately, was ruined by a severe car accident that required me to race to cell service to call 911 (at the location, no coverage), which ended up putting a damper on any kind of enjoyment the rest of the route.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Rt 3 through the Adirondack Park is quite nice (between Watertown / Tupper Lake). Last trip I went on, unfortunately, was ruined by a severe car accident that required me to race to cell service to call 911 (at the location, no coverage), which ended up putting a damper on any kind of enjoyment the rest of the route.
    Here's a couple more really good ones in that area. Turn onto Rt56 from Rt3. It's great all the way to South Colton. More twisties. You can also continue past Tupper Lake on Rt3 and turn onto Rt30 toward Fish Creek. This will eventually lead you to Rt186 and onto Saranac Lake. More twisties. Another one going beyond Tupper is Rt30 south to Long Lake, Blue Mtn lake where you pick Rt28 to Indian Lake then onto Warrensburg. Hell, most of the roads out here are really good, as long as they have been paved recently.

Rt 8 to rt 28 bt Utica ny and Oneonta ny is a great drive. Nice windy roads, long passing lanes n almost never c any cops

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567