NY: Good driving in NY State - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on NY: Good driving in NY State within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by Weeeeeeeeeeeeee i have a black 2004. if you saw it, it would most likely be before june ...

Quote Originally Posted by Weeeeeeeeeeeeee
    i have a black 2004. if you saw it, it would most likely be before june of this year. after i inherited a second car ('99 outback wagon) i barely ever drive the wrx.
    i see i see, keepin the mileage down...meanwhile on my way home from work today at the light going from 100 to 118 some 5.0 mustang pulled up next to me, looked over at me and laughed, and then proceeded to rev his engine. Now I was sitting there laughing cause this kid looked like a total idiot, but the best is yet to come. He decides its the right place for a burnout, and does it until he's right on someone's ass. I couldn't figure out why he did it, because I was behind 3 other cars waiting to make a left. Eh I just thought I should share that, cause it had me cracking up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

st rte 42/97 in the town of deerpark--I also like st rte 218 between the town of woodbury and west point--very fun windy road with wide shoulders.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hawksnest.jpg  
    "Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege."
    -The replacement for displacement is technology-
    "Never drive faster then your Guardian Angel can follow" -well b1tch, you better start catching up

Quote Originally Posted by smorris
    Josh has a great road downstate! I've seen the video, and it is amazing for where I understand it to be. But he won't tell, and I don't know for sure. (Well, I do, but I won't tell either.) Maybe Josh will blindfold you and then let you drive there!

Smorris -- hehe, thanks for the reminder.....I remember asking you to delete the thread where it was posted.

Sotbas...I'll take you there to drive it, its short (about a 3 minute drive in 1 direction) but its really intense. You can only drive it at night, as well, because its traffiked during the day and there are so many blind corners and hills its too dangerous to drive faster than 20 mph on it during the day. But there's a straightaway that I've pegged 80mph on...so you get a chance to open it up (even if its only once)

-Josh
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

Quote Originally Posted by subaru_crazy
    ever driven on the jackie robinson expressway? i just got on it last night and went 80 through some of the turns man what a rush of adreneline at one point i thought i was going to go side ways but was alble to keep it inline, just made the tires really squel its a really nasty turn so if you ever go on it drive it a couple of times before you get on it. That road is just like saw mill river but i think even more narrow so if you loose it you can kiss your side pannels goodbye but you can test your car really well, it told me that i need beefier sways pronto. hehe
    THAT PARKWAY OWNES ALL

screaming through the turns with no other traffic at 80mph with two concrete walls on either side of you twisting through the cemetaries.... awsome road
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Albany, NY (school) -- Long Island, NY (home)
    hellafast im ashamed to say that ive rallied with you. not once did you ever mention sweet hollow.....at 2am....in the pitch black....with the ghosts

Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    Sotbas...I'll take you there to drive it, its short (about a 3 minute drive in 1 direction) but its really intense. You can only drive it at night, as well, because its traffiked during the day and there are so many blind corners and hills its too dangerous to drive faster than 20 mph on it during the day. But there's a straightaway that I've pegged 80mph on...so you get a chance to open it up (even if its only once)

-Josh

Sounds like fun to me! I'm in!!

Quote Originally Posted by WillMX
    hellafast im ashamed to say that ive rallied with you. not once did you ever mention sweet hollow.....at 2am....in the pitch black....with the ghosts

yeah will those ghosts were friggin scary. they try to eat me when im asleep
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Route 17 is awesome all the way from Bingo to the PA border. it turns into I-86 (but is still also designated Route 17, until that entire corridor is brought up to interstate standards) but theres never anyone on the road. I enjoy 17/86 just because I don't have to continually slow down, change lanes, turn off cruise control etc etc

Route 10 is cool too.. I forget where it starts (Cobleskill area maybe?) and it ends down in Deposit

Also I want to say Route 23A is cool... it's off of Route 32 in the catskillish area... 10 and 23A are two roads I've meant to drive in my car (when I found them I was in my friend's corolla .. hehe) but haven't done it yet. Someday... someday.
    Why are we trying to cash a bill?
    my car

OMG, 17? from i87 till binghamton is the most boring road ever!!! friggin 100+ miles of NOTHING. The cops run rampant over there too. A fun run is i88 from Binghamton to Albany. Barely any cops and everyone goes fast.

~myke
    ::2004 JBP WRX::

Quote Originally Posted by mykedude
    OMG, 17? ...The cops run rampant over there too.
    LOTS of cops!

I dont drive that fast... Too paranoid.

I do enjoy the fact that nobody takes 17 for the reasons I mentioned above. I avoid I-90 just because it is so packed with trucks and people. 17 is a far better route.

I-88 is cool too.

and I dig the scenery. its nice to see how rural the rest of NY is
    Why are we trying to cash a bill?
    my car

Quote Originally Posted by mykedude
    OMG, 17? from i87 till binghamton is the most boring road ever!!! friggin 100+ miles of NOTHING. The cops run rampant over there too. A fun run is i88 from Binghamton to Albany. Barely any cops and everyone goes fast.

~myke
    +1--it sucks, i live off 17 at exit 126
    "Never drive faster then your Guardian Angel can follow" -well b1tch, you better start catching up

hey guys i go through the i17/86 on weekends couple of times a month to go up to my summer/winter house and I agree that i17 is not all that nice becasue there are a lot of cops there, every time i go by i see like 2 or 3 cars pulled over but the speed limit is 65 and if you pick your spots you can hit 100 on occasion becasue its nice and wide, however I prefer the prelude to the i17, the palisades parkway, becasue its a bit twisty and has ups and downs plus all the trees around, its a nice drive, too bad its only 55 but every one flies 70 on it so its not too bad. gunstar34 that road pic is nice i think i know where it is too but never been on it. It looks like the road i see every time i take exit 113 towards Elenville, when you almost get to elenville I see that there is a road way on top and on the side of a cliff, I think its nice but i have to figure out how to get on it.
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

Don't hit any of the river parkways on a rainy day, they get flooded. Be careful.
    Never stop learning.

Quote Originally Posted by subaru_crazy
    i take exit 113 towards Elenville, when you almost get to elenville I see that there is a road way on top and on the side of a cliff, I think its nice but i have to figure out how to get on it.

I've only been on that road in an ambulance-not fun in ambulance, would be fun in the wrx --- its st rte 52 from ellenville to Pinebush in orange co.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast