NY: Good driving in NY State - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on NY: Good driving in NY State within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I've never been there. what county is this in?...

I've never been there. what county is this in?
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Long IsLand New York, by Suffolk County
    Subaru 17' inch BBS wheels /w Continental ContiExtremeContact Tires, STi Pedals and Tint so far :-P

I had the treat of driving on the Saw Mill River Pkwy yesterday and this morning. That road RULES!!!! When the lights are green, and there is no traffic. I found myself going way over the speed limit just thinking how cool it was, and yeah, there were definitly times where you have to realize that you are probably gonna kill yourself. That road is WAY to fun and WAY to dangerous. Speed safely!!!
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

I found another great place to take the curves.....and (Josh) it's RIGHT in Saratoga. Off of exit 14, go 9R east...just keep on going past the boat landing and wham....take off! You can also go another way. like RIGHT across from the golf course is a 'fork' if you will....little road. Take that all the way down. There is A TON of farmland back there, but there are also some cool richy rich houses back there....Saratoga National/State Park (whichever) is back there as well! Yesterday was GREAT out...and the Nimbus clouds were out too!
    -STomp
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

Registered User Weeeeeeeeeeeeee's Avatar
    Originally posted by Trailboss
    I had the treat of driving on the Saw Mill River Pkwy yesterday and this morning. That road RULES!!!! When the lights are green, and there is no traffic. I found myself going way over the speed limit just thinking how cool it was, and yeah, there were definitly times where you have to realize that you are probably gonna kill yourself. That road is WAY to fun and WAY to dangerous. Speed safely!!!
    ya and watch for ****ty road conditions between thornwood and mount kisco. rocks + your windshield = uh oh.
    My Mods
    Dyno 12/18/04: 201 WHP / 198 WTQ

if you want a nice road to practice on, take on 7 bridges road between rt 100 and 119 (yorktown -> mt. kisco). its nicely paved and windy. be careful though cause the curves are blind. also do not go fast in the rain you wont get any traction. i had to get my heart jump started from crashing on this road in 2000.
    My Mods

Originally posted by 5'7 Assassin
    Well folks if you have a chance try checking out Vanderbilt Parkway here's a little history (From nycroads.com):

THE NATION'S FIRST SUPERHIGHWAY: Instead of running the race over dangerously narrow local roads, Vanderbilt conceived of a landscaped parkway, where banked curves and the elimination of grade crossings would permit speeds of 60 MPH or more. Along the course of the parkway, 65 reinforced steel-and-concrete bridges would be constructed, none of them having a span that exceeded 23 feet long. The 16-foot-wide roadway (later widened to 22 feet) would be constructed of reinforced concrete.

Try the Vanderbilt Parkway at Dix Hills, this little stretch or part of the road which ends either at Deer Park ave. if you going west or at Commack Road if you are going east on this road, will surely show you what the WRX is all about
    I must agree with you about the vanderbuilt. Live right there, but you have idiots that dont look both ways b4 they get on "GAME OVER" They're in their Land Rovers with their phones on their ears. Gotta be careful! But if you can avoid the oblivious drivers, it can be real fun.

ever driven on the jackie robinson expressway? i just got on it last night and went 80 through some of the turns man what a rush of adreneline at one point i thought i was going to go side ways but was alble to keep it inline, just made the tires really squel its a really nasty turn so if you ever go on it drive it a couple of times before you get on it. That road is just like saw mill river but i think even more narrow so if you loose it you can kiss your side pannels goodbye but you can test your car really well, it told me that i need beefier sways pronto. hehe
    MY LUG NUTS NEED MORE TORQUE THAN YOUR HONDA MAKES!!!!

Cobb Stg 2 helix up/dp combo
    Kartboy short shifter

Quote Originally Posted by subaru_crazy
    ever driven on the jackie robinson expressway?
    I've seen no less than three crashed cars, in FLAMES, on the side of the J. Robinson Expressway.

and no one has mentioned Rt. 9L? Nevermind the never ending miles and miles of low travel back country roads around Lake George?

This is my stomping ground.
    1970 GS350
    2004 WRX STi
    2006 Honda Accord (Sedan), 4cyl 5 speed.

Quote Originally Posted by skyphix
    and no one has mentioned Rt. 9L? Nevermind the never ending miles and miles of low travel back country roads around Lake George?

This is my stomping ground.

I've been puttering around upstate now and again, and I've found some cool roads Lets go find some roads Eric
    "I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailboss
    I've found some cool roads
    Josh has a great road downstate! I've seen the video, and it is amazing for where I understand it to be. But he won't tell, and I don't know for sure. (Well, I do, but I won't tell either.) Maybe Josh will blindfold you and then let you drive there!

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

Quote Originally Posted by smorris
    Josh has a great road downstate! I've seen the video, and it is amazing for where I understand it to be. But he won't tell, and I don't know for sure. (Well, I do, but I won't tell either.) Maybe Josh will blindfold you and then let you drive there!

Do tell do tell!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Weeeeeeeeeeeeee
    if you want a nice road to practice on, take on 7 bridges road between rt 100 and 119 (yorktown -> mt. kisco). its nicely paved and windy. be careful though cause the curves are blind. also do not go fast in the rain you wont get any traction. i had to get my heart jump started from crashing on this road in 2000.
    just got off of 7 bridges....i take 118 to crow hill everyday for work....great roads if you don't get stuck behind anyone....what color is your wrx, i've probably seen you around? ive got a 2002 sedona red

Quote Originally Posted by allxusedxup
    just got off of 7 bridges....i take 118 to crow hill everyday for work....great roads if you don't get stuck behind anyone....what color is your wrx, i've probably seen you around? ive got a 2002 sedona red
    i have a black 2004. if you saw it, it would most likely be before june of this year. after i inherited a second car ('99 outback wagon) i barely ever drive the wrx.
    My Mods

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast