CA: DECKER CANYON (Westlake Village)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on CA: DECKER CANYON (Westlake Village) within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Between the PCH and Westlake, past Topanga Canyon. Its a little canyon road that could be one lane. But I ...

CA: DECKER CANYON (Westlake Village)

Between the PCH and Westlake, past Topanga Canyon.
    Its a little canyon road that could be one lane. But I would advise not to drive this at night. Duh
    -Stephanie-

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This road is beautiful to drive on early in the morning.

We took the Mazdaspeed protege through it sitting at the top of 2nd gear most of the time. Wouldn't you know... we ended up stuck behind a Viper GTS.... that didn't last long as I passed him and continued down the road.

There are a lot of quick left/rights and a few sweepers and hairpins. Start on PCH and work your way out towards westlake for the downhill portion.

Be careful as the road is very narrow in some spots so make sure you keep an eye on the other lanes before using them.
    -Braden
    '02 Spec V
    '91 Protege Racer
    '03 Titanium Grey MSP Coming.

I made the mistake of driving through Decker Canyon at night. It is a fun drive but you rarely get out of 2nd gear. This was my first time through Decker Canyon, and I came across an accident. A guy on a bike got hit by a 4Runner. I didn't actually witness the accident, but it looked pretty bad. Another great drive is through Bouquet Canyon (sp?) and Sand Canyon. Another fun but very short drive is on Godde Hill just off of Elizabeth Lake Road.

Hmmm.....never heard of Decker Canyon. I'll look for it. Another great drive around there is Topanga Canyon. Go from the valley to the ocean (best with a girl in the car ) late at night and there is no traffic. If you can get through there during the daytime when there is no traffic, it's even more fun.
    03 Cobra
    566whp/515wtq

Pics
    & Dyno
    Pics

This is my favorite road of all time! It's one of the reasons why I don't move away from the Thousand Oaks Area.

My route: Westlake blvd to Decker, Right onto Mulholland to PCH (to let brakes cool off). Grab lunch at Neptune's. Check out the surf.

Return trip: PCH to Encinal Canyon. Left onto Mulholland, Right onto Decker again for the downhill twisties.

The Best!

Wow, back from the dead!

Quote Originally Posted by AjIsDope
    Wow, back from the dead!
    all someone needs to do is mention Decker Canyon and MAN! I GET UNHINGED!

That road is incredible. I drive like a hero on that twisty strip of pavement.

Registered User TheFugitiveMind's Avatar
    decker is nice. i used to go there alot to practice my canyon running, but i havent been latley.

the last time i was there i was with my friend (she enjoys canyon running with me...shes a keeper) but we were just crusin and stopped to look at stars....and we met 2 guys from the nasioc forums doing the mullholland run back to LA....it was pretty cool

but yeah....i live about 15mins from those canyons...so its pretty much my playground/backyard.....
    2006 Aspen White STi
    Stage 2 Open Source Road Tune
    A bunch of bushings from TiC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.