CA: Bouquet Canyon Runs......WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on CA: Bouquet Canyon Runs......WOOOOOO!!!!!!!! within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Man these runs are awesome, at least 20 S-turns. Nice scenery, a lake to drive by, dont get distracted, some ...

Thumbs up Bouquet Canyon Runs......WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Man these runs are awesome, at least 20 S-turns. Nice scenery, a lake to drive by, dont get distracted, some straight aways, and good places to test your turning skills....... about 15 miles in legnth.... you will have fun, you can take a whole day to run this thing

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Isn't that the area that the run the Rim of the World Rally in?
    I remeber seeing that on my way to the stages.
    How is it this time of year? Any road closures? Snow?
    You are from Lancaster/AV right, can you take Boquet canyon and end up on the other side of the mountains?

state? location?

Rim of the World I believe is up in the mountains, Big Bear I believe.

These canyon runs are in Lancaster, Palmdale.
    If you guys ever want to take a run, I meet up with you and show you around, man you take these turns, and you almost break adhesion with the road, Poor brakes

These roads are the best. Get off of Bouquet about 20 miles north of Santa Clarita, and take Spunky Canyon Road. These roads are so much fun, I just wish so many of the corners were not blind so I could take those faster, but compared with driving around the Malibu hills, there is much less if any traffic.

A little further west, I like to take Sand Canyon Road off of Placerita Canyon. Another fun trip up and down the hills.

Canyons are fun (especially since I put on my S-03s). I could imagine how much better it would be with suspension upgrades. I also could use a little more power going around the really sharp corners in 2nd gear since I have no power upgrades.
    2002 WRX

Still Stock

I live up here in SCv and run Bouqet all the time. Its a fun run!!! Anyone interested in getting a meet togeather up here?
    2002 Platinum WRX
    Mods- Lots of goodies...

"Faith, its not something that I grasp, its something that I fake, as im slipping as im falling through the cracks. Faith, without actions is a mask,as im slipping as im falling through the cracks"
    -Thrice

Rim of the World I believe is up in the mountains, Big Bear I believe
    You are right there is a road called Rim of the World in Big But I'm positive that Boquet Canyon is where theey run the Rim of the World Rally. They have spectator stages at the Ramada Inn in Palmdale.

I'd love to go for a run with you Lancaster/AV peeps, when are you guys gonna have another meet?

I Support ClubWRX
    I take it this is in California? At least, that's what I changed the thread subject to. If not, let me know...

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338

Thumbs up

yeah man there are a few rexs here, we hang about once a week...
    when ever is kewl, sunday afternoons are best for me and there are others here too