Dragon/Deal's Gap Meet near memorial day

This is a discussion on Dragon/Deal's Gap Meet near memorial day within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey all. I know that the Subaru meet at the dragon is coming up (24th thru 26th I think) and ...

Dragon/Deal's Gap Meet near memorial day

Hey all. I know that the Subaru meet at the dragon is coming up (24th thru 26th I think) and wanted to just post a thread about it here. I will be up there sometime friday and most of saturday and look forward to meeting any that are able to attend. I will also have some t-shirts and other random things that I am able to grab to toss out to people.

For those of you wanting more info, you can visit these sites:

www.tailofthedragon.com
    www.dealsgap.com
    www.killboy.com
    www.dragonslayerphotos.com

I am going to make sure that killboy and dragonslayer photos have plenty of memory space available because it will likely be a relatively busy weekend.

the best times for running through the dragon are early in the morning and late in the afternoon/early evening. traffic is typically heaviest from about 11am to 4pm.

if anyone needs directions help (especially coming from the TN side), just let me know. Those of you going to be in the area early and want to stop by to say hi in Knoxville at the Subaru dealer, feel free. we are open until 8:30pm M-F and until 7pm on Saturday (even thought I usually head out around 5 or 5:30).

any questions, comments, ideas, feel free to post it up!

If anyone looks at Nasioc often, feel free to post this link up in their Dragon meet section as well.

EDIT:

Some of the pictures taken Saturday are here:

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/thum...aspx?e=2917554

Used a 400ISO and 1/160th shutter speed most of the day. Any comments or critism on how to improve (I already know I need a lot of practicing the panning part) are welcome.
    Last edited by GraysonSubaru; 05-27-2007 at 06:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump

just another bump.

i posted over in NASIOC's thread about the meet, but i seem to have been skipped over as far as any type of response. oh well.

anyone on here going?

Used a 400ISO and 1/160th shutter speed most of the day. Any comments or critism on how to improve (I already know I need a lot of practicing the panning part) are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru View Post

From what I saw of those pictures, I guess I would suggest using a slower speed film, like maybe a 200 or 100 depending on how bright it is outside. More so if you're looking to pan and blur the background. The pictures already look sharp, so it looks like you've got the panning action down.

The other thing to try would be a smaller aperture (f-stop), in order to decrease the amount of light reaching the film. This will also have the side effect of increasing your focal distance, however. I guess depending on what you're looking for, that might be a benefit, but when shooting something like a car/motorcycle screaming by, I generally try to limit the depth of field to the subject.

I would be wary of telling you to use the same film and use a longer exposure time. This can be effective, but it generally going to cause everything to be overexposed, which just doesn't look right unless you're doing it for a particular effect.

I'm no photographic expert, but those are a couple of suggestions to consider. I don't know how advanced you are in your photography, so if this is a bit too basic of an explanation, I apologize.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #127
    06 WRB WRX

"I will say one thing. It is amazing how many drivers, even at the Formula One level, think that the brakes are for slowing the car down." -Mario Andretti