California 1

This is a discussion on California 1 within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Going to be on the PCH from approx. Eureka to San Fransisco.. any body done that? Looking for advice on ...

I Support ClubWRX

California 1

Going to be on the PCH from approx. Eureka to San Fransisco.. any body done that? Looking for advice on what to expect.. especially traffic.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    - Founder, 250,000 mile club
    -5,000 posts

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've never driven i but I always hear theres a lot of RV's and tourists clogging it up at certain times.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    I've never driven i but I always hear theres a lot of RV's and tourists clogging it up at certain times.
    That's what I hear also. I'm just wondering if there are certain times to watch out for or what..
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

If you're referring to HWY 1 going down to San Francisco, then of course, you'll run into minivans, cars and other cruising vehicles on the road. I'll tell you now, it can spoil your drive. So my suggestion to you is just chill and once the road open up, let 'er rip! Or if you can make pass safely, then do it. The lane will allow passing with broken yellow lines and enough straight away to pull.

I've not driven from north, but I did drove from SF to Point Reyes light house. The drive was amazing the sight was beautiful.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Me&05WRX View Post
    If you're referring to HWY 1 going down to San Francisco, then of course, you'll run into minivans, cars and other cruising vehicles on the road. I'll tell you now, it can spoil your drive. So my suggestion to you is just chill and once the road open up, let 'er rip! Or if you can make pass safely, then do it. The lane will allow passing with broken yellow lines and enough straight away to pull.

I've not driven from north, but I did drove from SF to Point Reyes light house. The drive was amazing the sight was beautiful.
    thanks. that was what I was looking for.
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts

back in decemember i took 2 weeks off to go on a driving adventure some may say, I drove the entire 101 starting in WA then when it split off to HWY 1 in Cali I took that all the way to the cali/mexican border. I don't remember exactly where it was, I believe somewhere in the Santacruz area, there was a sign I've never seen before, twisties next 74 miles. That had to be one of the BEST stretches of road I have ever seen/driven in my entire life, non stop twisties literally feet from the water going up and down hills, it was insane. If you can find that stretch and have time, I could not recommend that enough.

Quote Originally Posted by infox View Post
    back in decemember i took 2 weeks off to go on a driving adventure some may say, I drove the entire 101 starting in WA then when it split off to HWY 1 in Cali I took that all the way to the cali/mexican border. I don't remember exactly where it was, I believe somewhere in the Santacruz area, there was a sign I've never seen before, twisties next 74 miles. That had to be one of the BEST stretches of road I have ever seen/driven in my entire life, non stop twisties literally feet from the water going up and down hills, it was insane. If you can find that stretch and have time, I could not recommend that enough.
    Yeah theres quite a few roads that connect to 1 around the santa cruz area that are really great. I think highway 9 runs into 1 at santa cruz eventually and thats a great road.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by infox View Post
    Not going that far south this trip, but I'll keep that in mind for my next trip! Thanks for the heads up..
    "Never Launched"
    Dougie
    -5,000 posts