Anyone up for a meet at the Dragon/Deal's gap?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Anyone up for a meet at the Dragon/Deal's gap? within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey all. I was not sure exactly where to post this (didn't want to post it in a regional forum ...

Anyone up for a meet at the Dragon/Deal's gap?

Hey all. I was not sure exactly where to post this (didn't want to post it in a regional forum since it is open to anyone wanting to come), but I am going to get on the ball this year and begin to see how many people would like to and be able to have a big meet at the Dragon/Deal's gap in a few months (so that everyone has a decent time for arrangements).

For those of you not familiar with this area, you can visit www.tailofthedragon.com or www.dealsgap.com. The dragon was named one of the top 5 enthusiast roads in the world the the top rode in the US. I think the tailofthedragon site has links to the places that did the research.

Nearly every car or motorcycle magazine published has done at least one article on this road at some point.

I am unsure of the date yet, but trying to get a feel for those that might be interested. if you have a couple of dates that might work best for you, just post them up. i will add a poll for dates to this eventually.

Let me know if you have any questions....
    Last edited by GraysonSubaru; 01-11-2007 at 05:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thats a good idea.. I might consider coming to this if more people wanna go. I'm in Asheville,NC so it wouldnt be too far of a ride.
    Black 03 Impreza WRX (Fully Rebuilt Motor 15,xxx Miles )
    Stromung Cat Back Exhaust
    Upper Front Tower Brace
    Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by ssnataku View Post
    Thats a good idea.. I might consider coming to this if more people wanna go. I'm in Asheville,NC so it wouldnt be too far of a ride.
    there is a big one someone said post on NASOIC (or whatever that damn site is) for memorial weekend.

i go up there a lot so it doesnt really matter to me. the only problem with memorial day weekend is that there are just so many people up there that weekend.

Registered User kriswhite_23505's Avatar
    I've been looking forward to someone organizing this trip. I'd love to be there. I won't come up on Memorial weekend but any other time should be good as long as I know a month in advance. I work weekends so I would have to burn a little vacation time. Let me know if I can help with anything.
    Kris

just let me know when you can make it and we can always try to rally some folks to head this way. I am only about 45 min away from the dragon so it isnt a big deal which weekend i go since i go often anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru View Post
    just let me know when you can make it and we can always try to rally some folks to head this way. I am only about 45 min away from the dragon so it isnt a big deal which weekend i go since i go often anyway.

I contacted you a little while back about my woman and I heading down that way. It's a long drive for me, but give me about a months notice, and I'm sure I can get it arranged. Looks like teh woman and I will still be heading down there around the end of March.
    I drive a WRX and work for Harley-Davidson .

Blobeye Syndicate #42
    GO CUBBIES!!!
    '05 CGM WRX

Quote Originally Posted by powder View Post
    I love chowder. Cuz it rhymes with powder.

Quote Originally Posted by SuckTheBruce View Post
    I contacted you a little while back about my woman and I heading down that way. It's a long drive for me, but give me about a months notice, and I'm sure I can get it arranged. Looks like teh woman and I will still be heading down there around the end of March.
    yeah, i remember..march 24th or something i think you mentioned before. i will be sure to look for you around that time!

You know I'm down for it. Mid March sounds good to me.
    "Give a man a gun and he is a hero. Give a man two and he is a god!"

Tag along

Some friends and I have been talking about hitting the Dragon up this spring. Let me know

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.