CA: Harris Grade - Lompoc

This is a discussion on CA: Harris Grade - Lompoc within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I am wondering if anyone here has drivin Harris Grade. It's the back road to Lompoc, California. It claims 10+ ...

CA: Harris Grade - Lompoc

I am wondering if anyone here has drivin Harris Grade. It's the back road to Lompoc, California. It claims 10+ lives a year. It is one of the most dangerious grades in California. Almost every sharp turn has a cross on it. It is a really fun drive though. I will post pictures soon.
    -awd>fwd

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Perfumo canyon all the way to see canyon rd from slo to avila is fun too so is turri rd off LOVR. And the highway to santa margarita. central cal has some good roads.

hwy 49 and salmon falls near auburn ever been

Quote Originally Posted by evo killer View Post
    hwy 49 and salmon falls near auburn ever been
    I like 49 but 117 from Colfax to GV is fun and short. Rarely a cop.
    When in doubt, frag out.

Quote Originally Posted by ...lostwrx View Post
    Perfumo canyon all the way to see canyon rd from slo to avila is fun too so is turri rd off LOVR. And the highway to santa margarita. central cal has some good roads.
    Today I did Perfumo Canyon all the way to See Canyon Rd out to Avila Beach, CA. Such a great ride, the gravel stretch is fun, too. Still need to try hwy to Santa Margarita though!

Registered User Jonney Knuckles's Avatar
    Im from Lompoc, sadly living in NC now. But cant wait to trek my subie across the country to take on the grade... Some of my friends when we were young used to race over the grade for best times.. We would use walkie talkie to call out traffic but thankfully not much traffic at 2 am over the grade.. between the severely sharp turns and S turns with a rock face on one side and sheer cliff on the other this is one of the ultimate driving roads I've ever been on...

Im assuming its up north, im in socal and the only places ive gone to are Ortega, Palomar, Angeles Crest highway. Once i get some new tires and brakes ill will be driving up to Glendora Mountain Rd. I have heard about Harris Grade but ive never seen anything about it.
    2005 WRX (Silver) SoCal Subie
    Blobeye Syndicate #1093
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...al-05-wrx.html - Build Thread
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/34009765@N06/ - For whatever pics i take.
    Mikie13-Spend money on hookers and blow. That's a better intake.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Kuz View Post
    Im assuming its up north, im in socal and the only places ive gone to are Ortega, Palomar, Angeles Crest highway. Once i get some new tires and brakes ill will be driving up to Glendora Mountain Rd. I have heard about Harris Grade but ive never seen anything about it.
    Its above Santa Barbara

Heres a vid of harris grade I found, the first 4 minutes of the vid are of him driving the straight roads heading to the grade. Its not the Yungas rd in Bolivia, but still fun to drive over...

This is Harris Grade Road Lompoc Cali - YouTube