CO: Fun in Colorado Backcountry roads
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on CO: Fun in Colorado Backcountry roads within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Well me and my friend took his 02' WRX out up into the colorado backcountry roads around the western slope ...

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar

CO: Fun in Colorado Backcountry roads

Well me and my friend took his 02' WRX out up into the colorado backcountry roads around the western slope area around Silt (for those who want to know) theres a lot of farming and ranching around and theres no cops for miles.

Theres lots of hard corners and a few straight aways, can averge about 60-70 with stock suspension on some and hit 120 on the straights could have done more but tires only rated to 122 MPH.

Lots of mountain driving fun through the country side.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Other Drives

I am out of Colo Sprgs and there are some pretty good loops around.
    The drive to Bishup's Castle then into Westcliff. Back to hwy50 then to Guffey into CrippleCreek and back down 24 to the Springs.

Anyone know some good dirt roads in the front range area?
    REXinCO

2006 WRX wagon
    *you can call it a wagon, it's got the balls to back it up.

i would also like to find some good dirt roads here.

some cool colorado roads mcClure pass
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails twistys.jpg  
    97 Ninja 600r sold
    99 integra gsr sold
    02 pathfinder sold
    01 YamFZR 600 sold
    04 WRX Sold
    2011 WRX DGM
    Good judgement is based upon experience. Experience is based upon BAD JUDGEMENT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rgold01
    some cool colorado roads mcClure pass
    sweet road, and sick pic.

out of boulder here and i used to ride (street bike) all around here. on great loop is take 36N then left at Lefthand Canyon. take it till it ends at 116 and either head right to Lyons, on the way youll find great new road and long sweepers. was getting chased by a lexus something there once but we dusted him quick.

if u go left itll take u on a nice down hill fast sweeper section that ends at Nederland. Then u can take Canyon Dr down to boulder, which is a fun road but too much traffic/cops. if u continue on 116 u can jump on coal creek road towards 93, also a nice road, some tight corners and go over a few mtns (foothills really) and theres a pretty good straight we hit 120+ on bikes. that will take u to 93 then its up to you.

i hope cops dont read these posts and do stakeouts. if they do the **** you

i used to live at the very top of left hand canyon.
    the roads there are great.
    97 Ninja 600r sold
    99 integra gsr sold
    02 pathfinder sold
    01 YamFZR 600 sold
    04 WRX Sold
    2011 WRX DGM
    Good judgement is based upon experience. Experience is based upon BAD JUDGEMENT!!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.