NV: Virginia City Hill Climb

This is a discussion on NV: Virginia City Hill Climb within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Anyone who is in the Reno Nevada/ Lake Tahoe area or maybe even possibly the Sacramento area should make the ...

NV: Virginia City Hill Climb

Anyone who is in the Reno Nevada/ Lake Tahoe area or maybe even possibly the Sacramento area should make the trip up the Virginia City hill climb. Lots of sharp and curvy turns all the way to the top and when you get there you can stop in Virginia City one of the oldest mining towns in america during the gold rush. Lots of shops and resturants and when your done you can make the trip back down. They also have an actual Virginia City Hill Climb event once a year where exotics like porche's, ferrari's, and lambo's race up the hill for times

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if this is the road i'm thinking it is it is defenatly a drive you got to take. I would love to drive that road flat out, how do you get in the hill climb?
    '03 Evo gsr black

'04 Stealth Wagon(retired)
    stuff for sale -(from the wagon)

2 - sparco Pistas - $800

Im not sure...ive been trying to figure that out too....

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker
    how do you get in the hill climb?
    Hillclimbs used to be pretty open races, with minimum equipment and safety gear. Basically anyone could compete. But over the years, it has tightened up a lot, and now is part of SCCA Solo I (as opposed to Solo II, which is autocross.) It requires a lot of specialty car prep, mostly safety related, and I think a license. Not quite as easy as autocross any more.

I used to watch a hill climb in Ohio called Corkscrew Hill, and then we'd go back out the next day (while the roads were still swept clear) and run the course. We'd put someone at the top with a walkie-talkie let us know if a car was coming down. Not very safe, but lots of fun. Still, my best time in a '75 Scirocco was about twice as long as the winner in the class I'd have been in!

Steve - Avon, Ohio, USA - Moderator - Fun Drives and North Central States
    The Morris Garage
    2008 Outback 2.5XT Ltd __2002 WRX Wagon __ 1958 MGA Roadster __ 2008 smart Cabrio __ and a few scooters...
    Bugeye Mafia #338