This is a discussion on CA: Socal: East Camino Cielo within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; This is also local to Santa Barbara: From 101, take 154 towards Lake Cachuma At the top of the pass, ...
This is also local to Santa Barbara:
- From 101, take 154 towards Lake Cachuma
- At the top of the pass, turn right onto East Camino Cielo
- Follow ECC for 20 miles, past Painted Cave Rd
- (Road quality deteriorates significantly, but it's passable)
- The view throughout this section is breathtaking, you can stop anywhere
- You can either turn around, or continue on this road until it forks
- If you take the right fork, it goes down Gibraltar road back into Santa Barbara
- If you take the left fork, it goes up the ridge for more scenery and then turns to dirt after 12 miles
- If you continue on the dirt patch, you can go another 25 miles of easy off-road driving (no big ditches or anything. But you'll get dirty!
Rus ('02 black wagon, STI Red suspension package, SPO rear sway bar, rolled fenders, 17x7.5+48 rota subzeros w/ Falken Azenis 225/45/17s, StopTech slotted rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads, ss brake lines)