PA: RT 45 outside of State College

This is a discussion on PA: RT 45 outside of State College within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I took a test drive in the new MK5 GTI and the salesman took me out this route, and lets ...

PA: RT 45 outside of State College

I took a test drive in the new MK5 GTI and the salesman took me out this route, and lets just say I was able to sustain speeds in excess of 120MPH for roughly 5 minutes. It's long, straight, flat and perfect. Little traffic and perfect road conditions and according to the salesman, as well as my recent observations, no local federale is on the prowl. If your up this way, be sure to check it out, its a great place to stretch your legs!
    -Marc
    WRX - It's not a rocket. It's a guided missile.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Good, long high speed, eh? Were there any overpasses or whatnot for the policia to hide? How wide was this bad boy? 2 laner?

It's a two lane road, dashed yellow line, speed is 55mph. The first ride in the GTi I went fast based on the salesman's words telling me that police NEVER look on this road, because there is no place to hide. No over-passes or anything. Just open fields etc. When I took back the Subi, and the trusty V1, and didnt pick up and signs of radar or anything of the sorts. It's a great road to go for a long high speed blast.
    -Marc

Banned
    NICE! I just flashed stage 1 and I'm looking for a fun road right now, hehe. Thanks for the post.

Quote Originally Posted by mbs627
    NICE! I just flashed stage 1 and I'm looking for a fun road right now, hehe. Thanks for the post.

Your location says Bucks County ( i have a lot of friends in Doylestown and Richboro area) but, the real question here: are you in State College?
    -Marc

Watch out for the SRT4's

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mabf355
    Your location says Bucks County ( i have a lot of friends in Doylestown and Richboro area) but, the real question here: are you in State College?
    -Marc

Nah, I'm in Warminster, soon to be in Newtown. I wish I was in State Colle right now. College towns get so pleasing ot the eye as soon as weather like this hits