If You're Ever in Western Virginia(NOT West Virginia)...Skyline Drive/Blue Ridge Park
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on If You're Ever in Western Virginia(NOT West Virginia)...Skyline Drive/Blue Ridge Park within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; If you're ever in the mountains of Virginia like Charlottesville, Lurray Caverns I highly recommend you head to the Shennendoah ...

Registered User Jackstand Johnny's Avatar

If You're Ever in Western Virginia(NOT West Virginia)...Skyline Drive/Blue Ridge Park

If you're ever in the mountains of Virginia like Charlottesville, Lurray Caverns I highly recommend you head to the Shennendoah mountains and either make a left into Skyline Drive which costs a few bucks but takes you all the way to Maryland, OR take a tt and drive the blue ridge mountain parkway. I've never gone right but a few years back I drove skyline drive and its the most breathtaking and gorgeous drive I've ever had the pleasure of taking. Especially around the Fall. Its spectacular. High altitude, windy road with spirited winds and twists and a view that will make you believe in a higher power...and this was in a lifted Jeep Cherokee lol. I can only imagine how fantastic it would be in a WRX, STi or a motorcycle. I plan on driving up there as soon as my bugeye is at 100%. There's even a gas station or two in Tue park and along the drive. I promise you if you're up that way and don't make the drive, you will regret it.
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'm glad you know that WEST VIRGINIA is a state, lol. It's amazing how we've been around since 1863, and when I tell people I'm from West Virginia they often as questions like " oh, how far from Richmond are you?" " Is that close to DC?" etc. Anyway, the blue ridge mountain parkway is awesome.
    The Anti-N00b. Use "Search", YES, you need a tune. NO, you don't need a BOV. Don't try to make you car shoot fire, and change your freaking oil.

Registered User Jackstand Johnny's Avatar
    Hahaha what can I say? People are DUMB. So you're in West Virginia? There's gotta be a ton of killer twist mountain roads and unpaved country roads to drive on. There's a few between here and Richmond but its all flat and mildly hilly at best. I can't wait to get my bugeye back at 100% so I can hit Skyline Drive again.
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.

For External Use Only irickchad's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackstand Johnny View Post
    Hahaha what can I say? People are DUMB. So you're in West Virginia? There's gotta be a ton of killer twist mountain roads and unpaved country roads to drive on. There's a few between here and Richmond but its all flat and mildly hilly at best. I can't wait to get my bugeye back at 100% so I can hit Skyline Drive again.

Absolutely, man. There's a little less now that I'm in the northern part of the state, but the map near my hometown in the southern part of the state pretty much looks like spaghetti, ha.
    The Anti-N00b. Use "Search", YES, you need a tune. NO, you don't need a BOV. Don't try to make you car shoot fire, and change your freaking oil.

I Support ClubWRX
    i go to school in WV.

- oh western virginia?

no no. west virginia. like near WVU.

that was my conversation with people back home for 4 years.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Here were some photos of last year's Skyline cruise:

http://i.imgur.com/reIuy3K.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NdD2oF3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/b7pHfuA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Sy5tMMH.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sy5tMMH.jpg   reIuy3K.jpg   NdD2oF3.jpg   b7pHfuA.jpg  
    Last edited by zax; 04-01-2015 at 06:24 AM.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly stock 2015 STi - Seeking B-Stock supremacy
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon (SOLD)

Zach | Moderator | Builds, Electronics/Car Audio, Engine Modifications, Mid-Atlantic States, Suspension & Wheels, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs |
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    thats freaking beautiful. and the mountain range is nice too.

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by irickchad View Post
    I'm glad you know that WEST VIRGINIA is a state, lol. It's amazing how we've been around since 1863, and when I tell people I'm from West Virginia they often as questions like " oh, how far from Richmond are you?" " Is that close to DC?" etc. Anyway, the blue ridge mountain parkway is awesome.
    hahahahaha that just made me crack up so hard
    Speak Your Mind & Let Me Know

love the view. that's a nice spot!

I Support ClubWRX
    The pics bring back memories; I've backpacked the Appalachian Trail (over a period of years) from the beginning in Georgia to Pennsylvania, and it parallels the BRP and SD for quite a ways.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon -- SOLD
    2002 Subaru WRX Sedan -- SOLD

something else forever Germz to Japz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RSXBaby View Post
    love the view. that's a nice spot!
    will probably going there sometime this year with some fellow car enthusiasts...
    Speak Your Mind & Let Me Know

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.