What would you do...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on What would you do... within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I just recently bought a 2007 sti from a dealership with as is 89929 miles on it(I know its a ...

What would you do...

I just recently bought a 2007 sti from a dealership with as is 89929 miles on it(I know its a lot of miles)buut its what I've dreamed of. So I get the car home a noticed a week later that there is 92000 miles on it! So I go back to the dealership and they said that the odometer must be broken *smh I'm like yeah right you guys took it on a 2000 mile journey and my C.E.L is on and the cruse control light is blinking So today I'm taking it up there to test the odometer and c.e.l . What would y'all demand be done. I'm trying for some $$$ off
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1418045945624.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd get my money back and look for another. A tampered or broken odometer is kinda a big deal
    Stinkeye member 520

I know its against the law. but I love this car its my first subi

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by djkiddchaos View Post
    I know its against the law. but I love this car its my first subi
    There are thousands of fish in the Ocean. Wait to see what the dealership has to say about this, but something seems off.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

OK and if its not the odometer and they did take 2000 Mi extra then what?

I Support ClubWRX
    Well, I guess I'm sort of confused here. Did you actually witness the ODO at the 89929? Or is that just what the dealership's papers said. Because if the car was at the dealership for a while and people drove the car then that would most certainly raise the odometer reading from what the original paperwork or adds stated. So unless you actually witnessed the ODO at 89929 when you left and drove it right home then noticed it at 92000 recently afterwards, then it's likely those are actual miles put on the car during it's stay at the dealership.

If that's the case and it's actual miles then that means there is probably nothing you can do about it. You bought the car "as is" meaning it would be your fault for not checking the odometer. But if it is the odometer being bad then you could probably demand they take the car back for selling you a bad car.
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Tuned buy Turn in Concepts
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

It was at the dealership for one day I was the only one to test drive it he called me 2 days later and said that I got the car and I did notice it was 89,000 miles when I test drove it and then whenever I get home I took a picture of the gauges and unknowingly got the odometer in the picture and the odometer read 91929miles

I Support ClubWRX
    It was at the dealership for one day I was the only one to test drive it he called me 2 days later and said that I got the car and I did notice it was 89,000 miles when I test drove it and then whenever I get home I took a picture of the gauges and unknowingly got the odometer in the picture and the odometer read 91929miles
    Then there might be some sort of issue. I'm not entirely sure how you will be able to prove it though. Definitely take it back and see what they have to say. There may be something else going on as well if you CEL light is on. Let us know what they have to say.
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Ok cool thanks for the support I'm here now

So there is nothing wrong with the odometer and the check engine light is from misfires and somebody did drive the car 2000 miles so what should I do I'm trying to get $3,500 taking off the payment

I Support ClubWRX
    So there is nothing wrong with the odometer and the check engine light is from misfires and somebody did drive the car 2000 miles so what should I do I'm trying to get $3,500 taking off the payment
    Misfires are always very concerning. Please read this thread:
    IF YOU HAVE A MISFIRE CODE ,PLEASE READ THIS!!!

I'm not sure if there is much you can do other than to inquire as to why it was driven 2000 miles... Unfortunately the dealership doesn't HAVE to do anything. They have already sold you the car and it's final. However, they may be nice. I would personally try to give it back to them if it's throwing a misfire code...
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

Quote Originally Posted by McBill View Post
    Misfires are always very concerning. Please read this thread:
    IF YOU HAVE A MISFIRE CODE ,PLEASE READ THIS!!!

I'm not sure if there is much you can do other than to inquire as to why it was driven 2000 miles... Unfortunately the dealership doesn't HAVE to do anything. They have already sold you the car and it's final. However, they may be nice. I would personally try to give it back to them if it's throwing a misfire code...
    Depending on laws and what the dealer does, he should have a month to call lemon law?
    Stinkeye member 520

Lemon laaaw I forgot about that

I Support ClubWRX

I'd give them the car back. This is not worth the headaches.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

They wiped the codes and said if it happened again they would fix it for free

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.