2015 subaru wrx 0-60

This is a discussion on 2015 subaru wrx 0-60 within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; How can i improve my 0-60 times in my new wrx? Today i went to a runway to test my ...

2015 subaru wrx 0-60

How can i improve my 0-60 times in my new wrx? Today i went to a runway to test my 0-60 times and the best i got was 6.1 sec. With traction control off What is the best and safest way to launch? I reved it to 4k let out clutch just before engagement point then floored it as i let off clutch fast. It was a,smooth launch but my tires didint spin and i feel like i couldve done better considering the wrxs 0-60 is around 5 secs. The temperature was around 90f. Is this normal or should i be in the low 5s range? Also i had 3 people in the car including myself

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wrxedd View Post
    How can i improve my 0-60 times in my new wrx? Today i went to a runway to test my 0-60 times and the best i got was 6.1 sec. With traction control off What is the best and safest way to launch? I reved it to 4k let out clutch just before engagement point then floored it as i let off clutch fast. It was a,smooth launch but my tires didint spin and i feel like i couldve done better considering the wrxs 0-60 is around 5 secs. The temperature was around 90f. Is this normal or should i be in the low 5s range? Also i had 3 people in the car including myself
    Whoops i realized i put this in the wrong section: please move

First off, drive alone if you are after numbers. 4 people?! 6 secs is a blessing.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    First off, drive alone if you are after numbers. 4 people?! 6 secs is a blessing.
    Does 2 extra people really affect performance that much? Also does the heat have any affect on performance? Will the turbo work better during the winter?

I Support ClubWRX
    Does 2 extra people really affect performance that much?
    Yes.

Also does the heat have any affect on performance?
    Yes.

Will the turbo work better during the winter?
    It will potentially produce more power.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Does 2 extra people really affect performance that much?
    Those two people weigh something, I'm sure. Weight is what ruins a vehicle's performance; acceleration, cornering and braking too. It's exactly the reason some high performance cars (read "high-priced") incorporate carbon fiber into their design. Lose weight and all aspects of your car's handling will improve. Calculate the combined weight of you and your two passengers and then see what percentage that is of your car's kerb weight. You might be surprised how much it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    Those two people weigh something, I'm sure. Weight is what ruins a vehicle's performance; acceleration, cornering and braking too. It's exactly the reason some high performance cars (read "high-priced") incorporate carbon fiber into their design. Lose weight and all aspects of your car's handling will improve. Calculate the combined weight of you and your two passengers and then see what percentage that is of your car's kerb weight. You might be surprised how much it is.
    Thanks for the reply, ive always known weight affected performance but not that much. Since these cars are light, and 4 cylinder, weight would affect performance more than say a srt8 pickup truck because it weighs alot more to begin with. Wrx curb is around 3,300 with 2 people in the car that weigh lets say 175 thats ALMOst 10%.

Weight reduction are mods a lot of people do. When I go to the 1/4 mile track in my daily driver, everything comes out including pens, change, floor mats, spare tire, jack + whatever else is in the car. Next time you go, leave those people out and your times will be better.