New car and plan to travel throughout Virginia, with photos....

This is a discussion on New car and plan to travel throughout Virginia, with photos.... within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hi Folks, Just picked-up my '14 fastest-color-blue hatchback a couple of weeks or so ago. I had previously owned an ...

New car and plan to travel throughout Virginia, with photos....

Hi Folks,

Just picked-up my '14 fastest-color-blue hatchback a couple of weeks or so ago. I had previously owned an '04 WRX wagon. Just like getting back in my old car, with a spec more power.

I hope to travel the Blue Highways of Virginia. As soon as the snow clears will head to the western part of the state. For now, will be staying close to home and taking day trips. Next week, weather allowing, will most likely go to the Eastern Shore.

Have spent a lot of time in the mountains outside of Charlottesville and look forward to another drive on 33 through the mountains. Will eventually most likely add a few videos of the "mountain roads."

If you have any interest, you can signup to receive an email as I add to my site.

On the Road Again? Or, Just Another Failed and Go-Nowhere Adventure? I will soon find out.

Any comments and suggestions will be well-received.

Regards,

George

edit: BTW folks, the photos are just regular vacation-type photos......
    Last edited by george c; 03-08-2014 at 01:24 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you are coming to the NOVA area there's plenty of back roads around the Winchester area... And Skyline Drive is only a half hour or so away. Lots of winding roads all throughout the mountains.

Thanks for your comment

Quote Originally Posted by G33K View Post
    If you are coming to the NOVA area there's plenty of back roads around the Winchester area... And Skyline Drive is only a half hour or so away. Lots of winding roads all throughout the mountains.
    Hi G33K,

Somewhat familiar with your area. In fact, years ago several times stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in your city.

I used to visit Summit Point somewhat regularly. If any of you folks are interested in racing, here's my blog from a Labor Day weekend at Summit Point.

A Weekend at the Races

Thanks again....

George

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Are you doing the Blue Ridge Parkway??
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Are you doing the Blue Ridge Parkway??
    Hi ZAX,

For years I rented a cottage 2/3 times a year "in the mountains" about 15 minutes from Highway 33 near Stanardsville. Had many pleasant rides on Highway 33 going west. Have also stayed at The Peaks of Otter on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

I've made one "trip" to the Eastern Shore. Frankly, living in Virginia Beach the traffic is dreadful, especially this time of year as the tourist season is starting. I had planned on going west and am definitely going to get to Floyd, some time.

Though I could change my mind, I think I'm going to make a few more trips to the Eastern Shore over the next month or so. There are a lot of neat looking towns there. Nope, I don't like the $18 toll; however, I'm only five minutes from the Bay Bridge Tunnel......and, then nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo traffic.

Regards,

George

edit: When I first started "going to the mountains" I had an Acura, think it was a GSR? (about 170hp), then my '04 WRX wagon, then an '08 Miata. They were all fun...but, the Subaru is the one that I really enjoyed the most. Yep, glad to be back with a Subaru. I'm really enjoying it.
    Last edited by george c; 04-24-2014 at 09:30 AM.