Road to nowhere NC

This is a discussion on Road to nowhere NC within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; i went on a road trip to NC last year (im from GA) to go mountain biking around Bryson city ...

Road to nowhere NC

i went on a road trip to NC last year (im from GA) to go mountain biking around Bryson city and stumbled upon the road to nowhere, it was a fantastic drive (but it literally goes nowhere, it ends at a gate) bonus of that area you have the Tail of the Dragon about half an hour away and your not too far from the Blue Ridge, which i also drove both of those. unfortunately i was driving a 5spd corolla at the time, i think im going to have to revisit now...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The whole area around Bryson is gorgeous...Smokies to the north, Nantahala to the south, Jocassee and Foothills a little ways southeast, and great roads all over the place! I've backpacked a lot of that area.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

yes it was an amazing trip, some great overlooks from Tsali where i was biking too, really there are so many fun roads around there that its just fun driving around, even with out the better known roads

Just about every road in the Western North Carolina area is fantastic. If you haven't read the story on the Road to Nowhere, you should definitely check it out. It's pretty darn interesting. The Tail of the Dragon, while I haven't done it in my STi, is one of the most fun but most difficult roads I've ever driven. I don't know a lot of places that have the sort of driving in the East that Western North Carolina does….So I recommend that everyone who is anywhere near that area to check it out!

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    The Knoxville area has a couple clubs that make regular dragon runs and foothills parkway tours etc. There's a big one put on by Knox Subaru Owners Club and Motion Lab each year. Keep your eye out for it it usually lasts a couple days in the spring.

I Support ClubWRX
    On a road trip to TX this past summer I mad sure to take a short detour down the dragon its an amazing road and its crazy how fast some of the locals take it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled_Panorama1.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	118961

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled_Panorama2.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	118953
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I go to the Tail of the Dragon once a year with a few dozen people with various makes and models of vehicle. It's like a religion. Tail of the Dragon, Cherahola Skyway, Road to nowhere, Back of the dragon, The Snake, etc. These are all roads down there everyone should visit.

I go once a year on the bike. I love it there

Another great place to cruise around is Blue Ridge Parkway, beautiful area to cruise around and last time i was up there a family of bears crossed the road in front of me it was really cool!!!
    2004 Subaru WRX SRR