Lynchvburg, VA - Hidden Gem!

This is a discussion on Lynchvburg, VA - Hidden Gem! within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hey guys, I know alot of people have already recognized the Lynchburg area for having some great drives, but I ...

Lynchvburg, VA - Hidden Gem!

Hey guys,

I know alot of people have already recognized the Lynchburg area for having some great drives, but I have found one that is not only scenic, but has little-to-no traffic (been on it 3 times and haven't seen another car yet), and it allows us to unleash the roots of the WRX.

This drive takes place on a very smooth ashphalt road that is completely unpainted and only about 1.5 lanes wide. It features countless swooping turns (most with natural embankments), crests and dives, as well as a great straightaway along the James River where you can really open 'er up. As stated earlier, I have yet to see another car on the road most likely because it is so curvy that anyone in a non-performance car would get frusterated at all of the slowing and accelerating required from the sharp corners, etc.

WORDS WILL NOT DO THIS DRIVE JUSTICE....GO DRIVE IT! It is almost like a private rally course that someone left in the middle of nowhere for our cars. Honesly, I felt like this road was something out of a dream...couldn't get any better!! See for yourself, you will not regret it!

Directions

The way I prefer to take: Do a Google Maps directions search from "Fiber Plant Road, Gladstone, VA to Lynchburg, VA" and enjoy (note: it is unnecessary to actually drive down Fiber Plant Road, simply get onto Stapleton)! Obviously, if coming from downtown Lynchburg, reverse the directions but I prefer starting at the country end of the drive and ending in downtown Lynchburg for some great food and great drinks!

Here's the route:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lynchburg+Drive.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	157.1 KB 
ID:	106783

Happy driving guys and let me know who else has/plans on taking this great drive!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Bump...just did this drive again, AMAZING!

Has anyone tried yet??
    2012 WRX OBP Hatchback

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    No, but I drive US 129 frequently because it's close to me. Have you been there?

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    No, but I drive US 129 frequently because it's close to me. Have you been there?
    Never done 129 in a car haha

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    It's frightening either way...lol, because of the other people!

Well I've only been on the actual tail of the Dragon. It's much better during the week. Less people, less cops

Got a reckless in Lynchburg. I'll check this out next time I'm out there.
    Not so much anymore.