highway 9 near santa cruz ca

This is a discussion on highway 9 near santa cruz ca within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; This is my back yard the STI handles it well it is a fun piece of road. if you are ...

highway 9 near santa cruz ca

This is my back yard the STI handles it well it is a fun piece of road. if you are ever in the area check it out. it is fun to try and keep up with all the bikes on the weekends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX4DA_fnZAo
    Last edited by sportsman; 10-27-2011 at 07:56 PM.
    Second place just means you were first too lose!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Looks like a pretty good place to ride. I've been riding the 84 (between 280 and 1) at least once a week for a few months and love it. I'll have to give this a try if it ever stops raining.

9 has too much traffic. In the east bay, there's Calaveras, Palomares, then Redwood. All of those are a blast and have a bit less traffic.

I have only ordered my WRX, but the drive in my retired police interceptor yesterday coming back from Ben Lomond. I always take 17 from the bay to Mt. Hermon Road to get to my destination quicker, then on the return, head back to 17, down to SC and then up 9 for the drive back. I have gone north on 9 probably 40-50 times and south about 3 times! What a fantastic little piece of road!
    and @ pmccut, 84 is great as well, especially when you stop at Alice's for a sandwich in La Honda!

Quote Originally Posted by sportsman View Post
    This is my back yard the STI handles it well it is a fun piece of road. if you are ever in the area check it out. it is fun to try and keep up with all the bikes on the weekends.

Highway 9 (Big Basin) Ride - Ninja 250R - YouTube
    Quote Originally Posted by halbritt View Post
    9 has too much traffic. In the east bay, there's Calaveras, Palomares, then Redwood. All of those are a blast and have a bit less traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cram214 View Post
    I have only ordered my WRX, but the drive in my retired police interceptor yesterday coming back from Ben Lomond. I always take 17 from the bay to Mt. Hermon Road to get to my destination quicker, then on the return, head back to 17, down to SC and then up 9 for the drive back. I have gone north on 9 probably 40-50 times and south about 3 times! What a fantastic little piece of road!
    and @ pmccut, 84 is great as well, especially when you stop at Alice's for a sandwich in La Honda!
    Please as a Subaru owner and a Motorcycle owner. Be very careful on these roads. I have lost a lot of good friends over the years.
    2006 wrX

Quote Originally Posted by turb0 View Post
    Please as a Subaru owner and a Motorcycle owner. Be very careful on these roads. I have lost a lot of good friends over the years.
    Couldn't agree more. Safety should be everyone responsibility before anything else. Driving is a privilege, and we must treat it as such. That being said, I wish I had a nice street bike for 84. Seems like the perfect motorcycle road to me

That's a sweet ride, I personally enjoy Old Santa Cruz Highway right off of 17.

It's fantastic.

(Wait... is Highway 9 also called Old Santa Cruz Highway?)
    When in doubt, frag out.