highway 9 near santa cruz ca
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

This is a discussion on highway 9 near santa cruz ca within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; This is my back yard the STI handles it well it is a fun piece of road. if you are ...

  1. #1
    Registered User sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Santa Cruz California
    Posts
    109

    highway 9 near santa cruz ca

    This is my back yard the STI handles it well it is a fun piece of road. if you are ever in the area check it out. it is fun to try and keep up with all the bikes on the weekends.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX4DA_fnZAo
    Last edited by sportsman; 10-27-2011 at 08:56 PM.
    Second place just means you were first too lose!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3
    Looks like a pretty good place to ride. I've been riding the 84 (between 280 and 1) at least once a week for a few months and love it. I'll have to give this a try if it ever stops raining.

  4. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    31
    9 has too much traffic. In the east bay, there's Calaveras, Palomares, then Redwood. All of those are a blast and have a bit less traffic.

  5. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Palo Alto, CA
    Posts
    9
    I have only ordered my WRX, but the drive in my retired police interceptor yesterday coming back from Ben Lomond. I always take 17 from the bay to Mt. Hermon Road to get to my destination quicker, then on the return, head back to 17, down to SC and then up 9 for the drive back. I have gone north on 9 probably 40-50 times and south about 3 times! What a fantastic little piece of road!
    and @ pmccut, 84 is great as well, especially when you stop at Alice's for a sandwich in La Honda!

  6. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsman View Post
    This is my back yard the STI handles it well it is a fun piece of road. if you are ever in the area check it out. it is fun to try and keep up with all the bikes on the weekends.

    Highway 9 (Big Basin) Ride - Ninja 250R - YouTube
    Quote Originally Posted by halbritt View Post
    9 has too much traffic. In the east bay, there's Calaveras, Palomares, then Redwood. All of those are a blast and have a bit less traffic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cram214 View Post
    I have only ordered my WRX, but the drive in my retired police interceptor yesterday coming back from Ben Lomond. I always take 17 from the bay to Mt. Hermon Road to get to my destination quicker, then on the return, head back to 17, down to SC and then up 9 for the drive back. I have gone north on 9 probably 40-50 times and south about 3 times! What a fantastic little piece of road!
    and @ pmccut, 84 is great as well, especially when you stop at Alice's for a sandwich in La Honda!
    Please as a Subaru owner and a Motorcycle owner. Be very careful on these roads. I have lost a lot of good friends over the years.
    2006 wrX

  7. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Palo Alto, CA
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by turb0 View Post
    Please as a Subaru owner and a Motorcycle owner. Be very careful on these roads. I have lost a lot of good friends over the years.
    Couldn't agree more. Safety should be everyone responsibility before anything else. Driving is a privilege, and we must treat it as such. That being said, I wish I had a nice street bike for 84. Seems like the perfect motorcycle road to me

  8. #7
    Registered User Apollo Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Central, California
    Posts
    50
    That's a sweet ride, I personally enjoy Old Santa Cruz Highway right off of 17.

    It's fantastic.

    (Wait... is Highway 9 also called Old Santa Cruz Highway?)
    When in doubt, frag out.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •