Oregon - Ashland to Klamath Falls
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Oregon - Ashland to Klamath Falls within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; I think the most beautiful drive that I've been on in years has to be in Southern Oregon on a ...

Oregon - Ashland to Klamath Falls

I think the most beautiful drive that I've been on in years has to be in Southern Oregon on a state highway between Ashland and Klamath Falls. The road was deserted other than an occasional car. There were so many switchbacks and banked turns, the road was well maintained. It was just a beautiful and fun drive to make. I was very happy I took this route back to Salt Lake rather than going back down I5 to catch I80.

Here's a video of it. I'm obviously not pushing it as I'm taking a video from my cell phone and this also is obviously not my WRX that I'm driving either. (It's my old Tiburon.)

http://www.facebook.com/video/video....50716641945088

If anyone is lucky enough to ever be in this area I'd suggest taking care around some of the signs that post lower speeds for the turns, some of them are very tight and have very steep sides.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I live very near green springs.. nice of you to post and brag about my burn off steam road lol

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    I do have to admit one of the dumbest things I have ever done in history on this road.. When I was 18 I had bought a new Acura integra type r.. My first brand new car... I lost control of the car and drove it off one of the cliffs and landed in a tree lol... It could of been much worse than it was.. Deer ran out in front of me and instead of plowing into it I was an idiot and swerved... I luckily still live to tell the tale.. Walked away with only poison oak..

Haha I don't know what Green Springs is. I know they had a residence hall at SOU called that, but that's the only place I think I heard it. I was only up in Ashland for about two weeks to do some geology stuff.

Amazing drive though. I had so much fun on that in my Tiburon. I only wish I'd have bought my Subaru before then, haha :-D
    2010 Subaru WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    It's the road you were on between Ashland and klamath falls lol..

Hahaha oooh, I never knew it was called Greensprings Highway. I just knew it as 66 :P
    2010 Subaru WRX

OH, that does look like a fun road.
    Ashland, OR to Klamath Falls, OR - Google Maps

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes sir

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I really enjoyed my brief visit to Oregon.. went East from Portland to Hood River and was blown away.

Nice video and spot.
    My Build | Facebook | I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times

Quote Originally Posted by Stu_Gotti View Post
    I really enjoyed my brief visit to Oregon.. went East from Portland to Hood River and was blown away.

Nice video and spot.
    I totally agree I-84 between Portland and The Dalles is a really pretty area.

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I'd never been out there before and I was pretty blown away at the whole drive.. made it a point to check out all the waterfalls and this one overlook not far from where I was staying..
    My Build | Facebook | I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times

Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Aggie View Post
    and this also is obviously not my WRX that I'm driving either. (It's my old Tiburon.)
    Ex Tibs unite!!! I knew I recognized those gauges from somewhere. Back OT, I wish I had more fun roads around me.

I Support ClubWRX
    Id post my helmet cam vids of my rides with my various bikes if I could figure out how too..

This is a super fun road to drive. I did this road July 4th weekend of this yearn my SVT Contour had a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo-Aggie View Post
    I think the most beautiful drive that I've been on in years has to be in Southern Oregon on a state highway between Ashland and Klamath Falls. The road was deserted other than an occasional car. There were so many switchbacks and banked turns, the road was well maintained. It was just a beautiful and fun drive to make. I was very happy I took this route back to Salt Lake rather than going back down I5 to catch I80.

Here's a video of it. I'm obviously not pushing it as I'm taking a video from my cell phone and this also is obviously not my WRX that I'm driving either. (It's my old Tiburon.)

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150716641945088

If anyone is lucky enough to ever be in this area I'd suggest taking care around some of the signs that post lower speeds for the turns, some of them are very tight and have very steep sides.

from the video it looks like any other highway thats not a freeway in oregon, i live in portland oregon and i always loved the road to the ocean, and the road to multnomah falls, the one to the waterfalls its a much shorter road with alot of down and uphill, left and right turns and tight curves, but the one to the ocean is more of a if you got like 6 or 7 hours to kill and a full tank of gas to spill its also a fun place to be.
    another place is the drive to larch mountain, that is one awsome road, no cops, you get tight blind bends, and blind turns, well paved road and alot of forest!
    my rexy is sexy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.