Looking for a Fun Drive in Anaheim, CA area

This is a discussion on Looking for a Fun Drive in Anaheim, CA area within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; My Company is sending me down to Anaheim, CA in mid September for a conference. The conf is next door ...

Looking for a Fun Drive in Anaheim, CA area

My Company is sending me down to Anaheim, CA in mid September for a conference. The conf is next door to the hotel, but I'll have rental car and a full tank of gas to use at my discretion.

I'm considering a few routes that will take me in to the hills, and would like some insight from someone who's been there. The Angeles Crest Hwy route looks like fun, but maybe be too long after a full day of meetings.

Glendora route - 93miles, 2hours 14min

Falling Springs route - 99miles, 2hours 12min

Ortega Highway route - 107 miles 2hours 12min

Angeles Crest Hwy route - 168miles, 3hours 40min

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Found another possible route.

I could combine the Glendora and Falling Springs routes by heading east to San Antonio Heights, then work my way west.

Glendora/Falling Springs hybrid route - 104miles, 2hours 34min.

If I decide to go this way, I could easily cut the trip shorter by heading to Glendora, at point C, or have the option to head to Falling Springs, at point D, depending on how I'm feeling.

Looks like the sun will set around 7pm, so glare will not be a problem.

Ortega is fun. Busy on the weekends. It is also usually one of the most dangerous roads in America every year. But if you hit it right; no traffic etc., then it is a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by trevor meyer View Post
    Ortega is fun. Busy on the weekends. It is also usually one of the most dangerous roads in America every year. But if you hit it right; no traffic etc., then it is a lot of fun.
    Seconded, we really don't have too many "fun" roads down here.
    Then there are little hilly neighborhoods. Small, tight with drop offs. But its hard to have fun with all the blind turns and people.