Any good drives in Az? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Any good drives in Az? within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Originally Posted by MightyP Any suggestions on good paved drives? Done the Apache Trail a few times. Great drive during ...

Quote Originally Posted by MightyP View Post
    Any suggestions on good paved drives? Done the Apache Trail a few times. Great drive during the week, but I'm on the west side of town and if I'm going to go that far for a drive, I'd like some variety.

Thanks!
    Where on the west side are you? I just traded in my 2012 civic si for a 2013 wrx and want to meet some others that know about subaru's.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I know a GRIP of places, the funnest part is just exploring to find your own spots, but a couple id be more than happy to share with everyone include Gilbert rd south of riggs its all farm land and all of the roads are MAINTAINED dirt so you get the pleasure of dirt with the safety of asphalt. Another good one that has been mentioned is South Mountain, BUT slightly modified... on weeks nights at like 2 AM there is no one out including cops and you can drive to the entrance and you'll notice on one side is a gate and the other side is one way road spikes, if you get creative and use your imagination its like having South Mountain as your own personal test track, i wouldnt suggest on weekend because im sure im not the only person in the world whose ever done it and id hate to see someone drive off the side of the mountain. Lastly if your wanting to see how fast your car will go i suggest going on elsworth to pecos the from elsworth east on pecos you have like 1.5 mile road that almost no one uses late at night... The last place and least riskiest and scenic drive i suggest would be the 88 or apache trail to canyon lake, its always a good time and if you continue it turns into a dirt road a few miles after canyon lake. HAVE FUN and be CAREFUL!

There are a ton of pretty empty roads in the east valley (basically anything east from Greenfield Road). I don't get out of the suburbs too much unless I'm going to work in Chandler or school in Tempe, but I take the long road home sometimes going east on Pecos road and there are some fun twists, and its usually empty at night (but be careful, those AZ cops love to hide)

South Mountain is a blast, done that several times and Jerome is awesome, especially if you go the back way from Prescott. Be careful when you get near the town though, cops everywhere.

Also interested in meets in the valley if you know of any, would love to see other subie owners.

In Tucson and also looking for Subie hangz... as far as drives, the Star Pass route is windy and really fun at night. Mt. Lemmon is also a nice drive especially mid day during the summer as the temp is in the upper 70's while 105 in town.
    The separation, is in the preparation.-Russell C Wilson-

When I lived in Tucson mnt lemon was my favorite. Around mile 17 or 16 is rose canyon lake which is a pretty nice area

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Just took the girl up to Rose Canyon last weekend as a matter of fact http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/06/pa5e2uva.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/06/adu9a4uv.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks awesome man!

I miss that drive so much

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

A fun cruise is between Globe and Show Low on the U.S 60 going down and out of the salt river canyon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12