Deals Gap Alternative

This is a discussion on Deals Gap Alternative within the Fun Drives forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Tired of the weekend zoo at Deals Gap, head about an hour and a half south on 129 into Georgia ...

Deals Gap Alternative

Tired of the weekend zoo at Deals Gap, head about an hour and a half south on 129 into Georgia and run a nice loop in North Georgia mountians, starting in Dahlonega. Head out on GA60 North, turn right on GA180, turn right on Hwy 129 and then again on Hwy 19 which will reconnect with GA60. At that point you can repeat or head back into Dahlonega and hang out at the pub.
    This run is not quit as intense as the dragon but it's a lot less crowded and not patrolled as much either. Hwy 129 summits two mountains on that stretch which opens up to two lanes on each climb = fun!

Later!
    MY08, WRX Sedan w/these mods: SPT CatBack, Perrin catted DP, Cobb AP with Perrin Stage 2 17.5psi 93 oct map, Perrin drop-in filter, Perrin 19mm adj rear swaybar and solid endlinks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

agreed! less traffic is nice. been on lots of those roads, i used to live in commerce.

here's a variation:
    http://www.tailofthedragonmaps.com/m...ixGap_2011.gif

but then in the winter months when it's like 60 degs out, go back up to the dragon. it will be worth it.
    --- 1999 Impreza WRX STI JDM Version 5 Sedan ----

I just printed that double loop map and will run that once I replace my endlinks (pushing it too hard on the corners). I've driven all those roads before but, never linked them together in the double loop. It still gets a little busy on the weekends up there but nothing like the tail.

Thanks!
    MY08, WRX Sedan w/these mods: SPT CatBack, Perrin catted DP, Cobb AP with Perrin Stage 2 17.5psi 93 oct map, Perrin drop-in filter, Perrin 19mm adj rear swaybar and solid endlinks

awesome! hope to get down there sometime this summer (later summer)

Agreed. Lots of great roads in the mountains around the Tail Of The Dragon that are just as good and a lot less traveled. I'm not sharing, though.

Thanks for posting that up, I was staying at the Two Wheel Inn in Robbinsville, NC. Riding my bike at the dragon and was bored one afternoon so we ended up heading down to Georgia. The run up Blood Mountain was awesome, I got some great footage from there, but alas only from my motorcycle.

The rex was on tow duty for the trip, but did see the dragon and a few surrounding roads in TN. Great trip!

It can be just as much fun on two wheels, not including the tail hop.

Regards,

sabrina - have you actually been there as well as around tacoma as well? might as well make it a trip to include both since they are so close.

TotD is quite awesome... i used to live in Loudon, TN, and ran it about once a weekend in my redline...